Chinese-Forums

Science textbooks

Yea, from what I've seen the PEP textbooks mentioned above are actually exactly what Chinese high school students use. I met several high school students studying the sciences for school using those textbooks when I was in china so if you want to use exactly what they do, that is probably the way to go. However, they are by no means easy. It would be like reading your high school biology or physics book except in Chinese.

I actually just came across this post while browsing the link posted by edelweis, it seems really cool. It basically is a comprehensive summary of all the major points in biology for high school students preparing to test into Tsinghua University. Full of interesting details and vocabulary. You might want to check that one out too.

http://bbs.pep.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=264287&extra=&page=1 

Yes, I agree the high school textbooks are hard. Better start with the Sinolingua books for foreigners if your scientific Chinese isn't at that level yet (mine isn't =*  )

The PEP website has other subjects and middle and primary school stuff as well.

To find the textbooks, click on the school tab 小学  | 初中  |  高中, then select the subject in the menu.

Then click on 同步教学资源 in the 教师中心.

In that page, there should be a 电子课本 link in the left pane.

They have a lot of other stuff too, in the teacher and student areas...

• 1 month later...