Chinese-Forums

My favorite fruit

florazheng

I'm eating a watermelon right now. :D It's really insane: from the the metro stop about eight minutes away to my home in Shanghai, there are five official fruit stores, and usually another 5-10 fruit dealers.

I wasn't a watermelon fan until I had to go through Shanghai's appaulingly hot and humid summer, in which I had to double fluid intake to avoid dehydration.

Here's a good link:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=31

I love watermelons.

90% of it is made up of water...yumm......

imagine...cut a watermelon into half, take a spoon and the half watermelon, hug it like a big chinese bowl...dig the flesh , send into your mouth...bite it...ooh......yummy........

I would eat fruit if I don't have to a) wash it, and B) peel it with a knife, and c) wash my hands and mouth after eating it. I can't think of anything else other than bananas and fruit salads.

These are logistic problems. I don't hate fruit. :D

I like any kind of fruit, the juicier the better.

Now it is the watermelon season. I prefer the original kind with lots of seeds. Though many people like the seedless watermelons which are first grown in Taiwan, personally I don't like it since its taste is too artificial and sweet.

Over here in Hawaii, the size of locally grown watermelon is gigantic. I like to buy those 25-30 lbs big watermelon. But the price is awfully cheap. This year it is sold for 18 cents per pound. And it has been sold for under 10 cents in the previous years.

I love watermelons.

imagine...cut a watermelon into half' date=' take a spoon and the half watermelon, hug it like a big chinese bowl...dig the flesh , send into your mouth...bite it...ooh......yummy........[/quote']

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I enjoy the way of eating watermelon too.

I would eat fruit if I don't have to a) wash it' date=' and B) peel it with a knife, and c) wash my hands and mouth after eating it. I can't think of anything else other than bananas and fruit salads.

These are logistic problems. I don't hate fruit. :D[/quote']

Aha, you are a little bit lazy...so do I. But I love fruit so much I can do everything for them in order to ... to...to eat them. 8)8)8)

Favourite fruit is pomelos.

I've had too many watermelons that haven't been sweet enough. Still haven't figured out a technique for telling whether they're ripe or not.

Japanese pears are nice too.

I like all fruit apart from durian, as it's like sweetened rotting cabbage, and it has the texture of mush ( I don't mind when it's in cakes or sweets though)

durian is about the worst thing ever to pass my lips (the ice cream is worse)

there is nothing finer than a mixed fruit salad with a large lump of ice cream,

add a little squirty cream for luck. Enjoy.

i like fruits that have 'splash effects' when you are munching.

watermelons are the best candidate ,

oranges do have the same 'effect' but some are too sour.

fruits in chinese are called 'Shui Guo', so they are supposed to have water content, the more the better......(my view about fruits)

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite fruit is the pear, any kind of pear. It's one of the things that I can eat forever or until I get a stomach ache. It looks kind of funny, not unlike a rolly-polly, of course if you flip it over, it'll just lay motionless. Take a bite, it's both crisp and refreshing. Not too much water, not too little. Just giving a hint of sweetness. Hold it up in the light, and its insides sparkle, reminding me of the insides of some gem, amethyst perhaps, though yellow in colour. The only bad part is when you're in the middle of enjoying the taste of the fruit, suddenly your teeth sunk into a sour hard core, ending your delight. Of course it's the problem of many other fruits as well. It may look good or even cute on the outside, you take a tiny bite, juicy, succulent, delicious, you take more bites, and suddenly in the middle of your enjoyment, it ends with a tasteless, hard bump.

Now I have a sudden urge for some pears.

-Shìbó :mrgreen:

• 3 months later...