Chinese-Forums

Hui Lau Shan

TSkillet

Anyone who's been the Hong Kong knows the ubiquitious 'Hui Lau Shan' dessert/mango emporiums. They're almost on every block - and they're delicious. Over the 7 years I lived in Hong Kong I took every visitor I had (Mainlander, Japanese, American, whatever) there. Without fail, everyone loved it and returned multiple times.

I knew several years ago they built a branch of HLS in New York - but a lot of my friends who spent time in Hong Kong went over and reviewed it - and said it was terrible and not to bother. This was around the time it first opened.

I was in New York over the weekend. And it was amazing. Almost as good as the Hong Kong one - I ended up eating there 3 times in the span of 24 hours

Here's the Sign for the shop - 150 Centre Street near Canal

DSC00073.jpg

A bowl of mango pudding and mango sago.

DSC00075.jpg

well, you don't have to go to Hong Kong anymore .. .. there's one in New York City!

(actually I believe there are also branches in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, but I don't really remember - they could've just 'stolen' the look of the place)

• 1 month later...