Chinese-Forums

Two-child policy

realmayo

Kenny, what you may or not realise is that many people in western countries say the same thing about Chinese, often with hostility and anger and plenty of nasty words.

I knew Chinese people were not very welcome in western countries but at least it is quite safe to live with them.

What you are also saying (though you may not realise it) is that you think that people from these places are unable to make a productive contribution to society, which is a pretty blanket (and offensive) thing to say.

I knew something about political correctness so I hesitated before saying that, which could be wrong, of course, but the hatred and anger that are rife in the Islamic world really frighten me. 

Kenny, what you see on TV is not the 'Islamic world', especially anything to do with 'Islamic State' which is no more Islamic than the 'Democratic People's Republic of Korea' is democratic or the 'Chinese Communist Party' is communist. Just because they call themselves these things doesn't mean they are.

Secondly, the Islamic World is vast in makeup and extends well beyond the Middle East - and I should note includes my parents and many of their friends. In my personal experience that part of the Islamic world has nothing to do with the violence and hatred you see coming from TV.

If you make blanket statements like you did above about the 'Islamic world', bear in mind that this includes my parents, and bear in mind you are coming across as not knowing much about what you speak of.

• Like 2

My parents' parents' parents and many others suffered under 'Islamic' violence. The Ottoman Empire was no more Islamic than the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is democratic. Or maybe some of my parents' parents' parents were Muslim, who knows, rape was not uncommon. It was bad because it was bad, not because the people doing the bad things were claiming they are Muslim.

I hope people will avoid fearing any other group of people.

Why talk about the refugees when we can talk about Chinese babies? Make babies not war!

I apologise, Imron. My very limited, and probably biased knowledge of the Middle East and the Islamic world as a whole mainly comes from news reports. I admit that I have never interacted with anyone from that region except a Pakistani while I was in Haikou so I don’t really know much about the Middle East or people living there.

Middle East? What is the Middle East? Where is the Middle East? Where is Pakistan?

Are you aware than according to such rasist terminology, me, you, imron, and a Pakistani can be classified as 'Oriental'. That is what the problem is, putting everyone in one basket as if they are not people, just one homogeneous mass we should be afraid of.

Actually my heritage is completely Caucasian and can't be considered Oriental in anyway. My parents (both of English descent) converted to Islam before they were married as a result of being exposed to it by living in a country where it was the dominant religion (Indonesia).

Like I said, the Islamic World is large and is made up of much more than how it is commonly portrayed in the media.

Are you aware than according to such rasist terminology, me, you, imron, and a Pakistani can be classified as 'Oriental'. That is what the problem is, putting everyone in one basket as if they are not people, just one homogeneous mass we should be afraid of. 

Let's go back to China's two-child policy. : )

• Like 1

You all can argue about that topic all you want. As for me, I'm still quite fixated on this quote:

I want to have lots of tatric sex and have many children. Anyone has a scarlet letter? Bring it on!

Hey-oh!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Sex is not a taboo topic.

Children, on the other hand, is such a taboo topic with some people, it feels like wearing a scarlet M every time you mention having children will not cause an apocalypse or something. Malthusianism has taken such a deep root, it is almost impossible to defend your choices when talking to some people, you will always be the sinner.

There are other teachings where people are trying to be conscious when it comes to reproduction, the environment, food, bonding with other people, especially your children. Having children does not mean you are irresponsible.

No one should be forced into having children. I just have to say I do feel like a sinner.

I think its "damned if you do and damned if you don't" thing. There will always be reason for not having kids and reasons for having kids that seem equally sensible.

I think if you have kids and you really want them, then have them, but what I dislike are women who have kids and then moan endlessly about them, complain they don't have a life, they don't have any money for themselves, they can't go out and have a good time, they can't have a nice house cos the kids wreck everything and so on.

Tough, you had the kids, you live with it. I wish they would think about how people who can't have kids would feel to hear them complaining all the time about the one thing they want and can't have.

If you have a child or 2 you have to give them your all, you will always be their mother and as such will always need to be there for them in what ever way is needed ie: time, money, hard work etc.

Also so many women I know didn't actively choose to get pregnant they just "fell pregnant" wtf? Use some intelligence and decide for yourself if and when to have kids.

I don't object to women choosing to have kids, I just find it hard to understand when they say it just happened, like it was some magic thing that they had no idea why it happened to them.

So have kids but never forget you wanted them, so love them,teach them, nurture them and listen to them.

but the hatred and anger that are rife in the Islamic world really frighten me.

During my travels in islamic area's I never noticed any anger or hatred maybe with the exception of the Somali region of Ethiopia where I didn't really feel comfortable. Though never experienced any real hostility, more deep suspicion. Actually on average I find muslims far more peacefull then Christians or Jews.

The muslim violence you see on TV is often not rooted in islam but often instigated by external (western) forces. Tensions that do exist are exploited or even created for their own goals. Obviously what's going on under the surface is murky at best. But just think about it. Bin Laden was trained by the US, the US is not open about 9/11 (what are they covering up, their own incompetence or more?), 9/11 is abused to attack Iraq while they knew Iraq had nothing to do with it. And the Iraq war has at least created the right circumstances for ISIS, though I'm not yet convinced, according to some the US involvement is more then only creating the right circumstances. When I traveled Israel/Palestine the muslims preached peace while the jews had quite a different and unforgiving stance. One extreme jew just plainly said the muslims are not allowed to resist us, islam doesn't allow violence, the jews are allowed to use violence.

So maybe 'we' should stop 'playing war' in the middle east and indulge in tantric love making and in the mean time degrade our women to breeding machines as the scripture tells us to multiply. But I would not mind to to put some islam in the multiplying, 3*1, 4*1, ...harem+1*1 sounds more interesting to me then 2*1. So maybe better to make it a 3, 4 or harem+1 policy :-)

I deeply apologise for opening this can of worms. I should have known better; in the end it was a perfect, but unintentional act of trolling.

I look forward to a world full of mixed babies, white, black, brown, yellow, orange, in all combinations, where nobody cares about any of it anymore because we are all a little bit of everything.

Having lots of children strongly (anti-)correlates with education level and affluence, and as such will hopefully self-correct if we manage to get large parts of the world out of poverty. What is more important, IMHO, is providing all the kids, regardless of who their parents are, with opportunities and needed education and ambition. This is something I don't think we have really achieved in Europe, and hence my comment (I don't know enough about other places to judge, but I doubt that it is significantly better).

At the end of the day, Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian refugee, who was given such a chance and had the necessary drive and ambition. A friend of mine is an Iraqi refugee who fled Syria and ended up in Portugal. He graduated top of his class with a Master's in computer science. So where some see danger, I see opportunity.

indulge in tantric love making and in the mean time degrade our women to breeding machines

Tantra and breeding machines? Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Breeding, as well as other things such as breathing, can be done consciously, tantra can help people achieve that awareness.

I agree, Shelley, many people breed without thinking about it. I think they should learn how to be more aware. Instead of telling them to reproduce or not to reproduce (what Europe is doing, and what Western missionaries in Africa are doing), or making it illegal to have too many or too few children (what China is doing), I hope we can try to be more conscious and to assist other people in reaching that state on their own.

• Like 1