Chinese-Forums

Take a guess 猜中無獎

skylee

These are liquor price labels I took at Marks and Spencer (in HK) today. I noticed them yesterday and asked a staff member what 可冷凍剩飲 meant. She could not answer me, but my guess is that she knew what it meant but the words were so obviously wrong that she did not know how to respond.

So what do you think 可冷凍剩飲 means? 答中無獎, hehe.

post-32-0-58748700-1450791723_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-55207600-1450791752_thumb.jpg

I'd guess they meant something like that the bottle should be refrigerated after opening it? 冷冻 usually would indicate that it could be frozen, but I've never heard of people storing liquor bottles in the freezer.

Yeah pretty sure 冷凍 here means cold here, and interesting comment from daofeishi. I have seen lots of people store liqueur in the freezer, but I didn't think that was what was meant here. I thought it was maybe a typo for 生, like you can drink it straight cold.

On the bottle of the liquor, the last part of the product introduction is "simply chill, sip and enjoy".

https://www.winedrop.com/Public/ProductInfo.aspx?compcode=001&pcode=00993012&pdescription=Christmas+Cake+Liqueur

My interpretation is that 剩飲 is the 白字 of 淨飲 (drinking something straight/neat without adding water or soda or ice). 剩 is also pronounced 淨 colloquially (in Cantonese).

My interpretation is the same as Skylee's in #8.

Literally, "can be drank cooled and straight" (with the implied "and doesn't taste bad"), i.e. suitable for drinking straight and cooled.

If you google "剩飲" (with quotes) you'll find a few posts on HK sites that use it to mean "淨飲".

e.g. this, or this

Also 答中無獎: find out what 淨飲雙計 means  :mrgreen: