Chinese-Forums

Take a guess 猜中無獎

skylee

I don't see it that way. I think it is a very decent response. I work in a super-large organisation, and I know very well how complaints are handled. The people who write the replies most probably don't have the power or authority to do or change anything. Or make any commitment to a complainant. I think proper referral is good enough. It is not a life and death issue after all.

Answer for 淨飲雙計:

It acts as a kind of minimum charge for some restaurants (mostly 茶餐廳) in Hong Kong.  If you go to one and order only a drink (and not any food dish which is usually more expensive/profitable, so 淨飲 (drink only)) they reserve the right to charge you double for the drink (雙計).  If you order nothing at all, they can charge you double of what the cheapest drink costs.  This is to discourage people from taking up seats which might hold more profitable clients.

It used to be very common but nowadays it is more common to just see a minimum charge figure instead, should the restaurant decide to have a policy.