Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Tomsima

1993 bottle of 二鍋頭酒

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Jim

Ideal if you have any oily bearings need cleaning I'd say.

DavyJonesLocker

Would make a nice present for someone. I daresay it will keep it's 'distinct" flavor given its made from a grain (Sorghum) and not a grape or rice.

Depends on how well it was distilled I guess.

It's probably drink it but that's not a recommendation haha

somethingfunny

I can't imagine that 二锅头 is the kind of drink which improves with age.

Still a cool thing to have though.

Publius

二鍋頭當然紅星是正宗。現在還有個牛欄山牌。麗華什麼的聽都沒聽說過。

紅星酒廠以前就在大北窯(國貿橋)往東。一出三環就能聞到一股酒糟味。

對了,北京土話管二鍋頭叫二得(dei1)子。下回可以和你的酒友們顯白顯白。

• Like 1

roddy

For all the poor people who can't read that:

For Ergoutou, Red Star's the real stuff. There's a Niulanshan brand now as well. Never heard of Lihua or anything.

The Red Star factory used to be east of Dabeiyao (Guomao). As soon as you crossed the third ring you'd smell it. 

Oh, and Beijingers call ergoutou dēizi - you can use that to show off to your drinking buddies next time...

• Like 1

Shelley

Wow, brave person:shock:

Not sure I would have tried it, don't drink, but still it would have been scary to try.

DavyJonesLocker

Good to know. I have had tried several (and even opened) bottles whiskeys a decade after purchase date. They have all been fine surprisingly! 

Usually supplied from aging relatives who keep bottles for the odd visitor. 

Grain based alcohol seem to keep with age if stored correctly. Grape based such as sherry and Port are a different story!