Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiaotong University

roddy

Hi @Helan. It seems like the chances of getting the dorm are very small. I'm on the waiting list too, and my Japanese firends has told me that if you are on the waiting list it actually means that you have to wait till the next semester and try to reserve the dorm again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • New Members

Oh that really sucks.

Luckily I managed to find a room. I literally woke up at 2am (GMT) to try and reserve and spent 2 hours trying to get a room since every single one I clicked kept filling up.

I hope you guys find a place to stay. I'd imagine that there should be some affordable places around from what I've read.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • New Members

Hello everyone, 

Is there anybody who had experience of having interview by shanghai jiaotong university' application committee?

I want to know what range of questions they may ask. 

I appreciate it if you could reply soon, I have an interview this week.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone~

I see in this topic people asking questions and having doubts about the actual life of foreign students in SJTU. For this purpose, our university's international affair's office started a monthly bilingual column in which we interview students to find out more about their daily life. Here's a link to the first article. Be sure to follow our official WeChat account to find out more!

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/0J1q7fYaTZh4GZPEgDT6lQ 

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi,

I am considering studying my masters degree at the Minhang campus. Is commuting from let's say Xuhui to Minhang campus doable? Or will this be a huge pain? Also for anyone doing their masters (Naval Architecture and Ocean engineering), do you have classes every day? How does an average week look like?

I would like to live closer to downtown and experience the life in Shanghai more upfront (restuarants, citylife, nightlife, etc.), rather than staying close to Minhang campus.

I am not looking to stay in campus dorms, and money is not an isssue.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • New Members

Hi! I just got admitted into the Antai College of Economic and Management (MIB) and I would love to find some people, who have also studied at SJTU. I want to know how the university experience at Xuhui campus is like, the quality of the lectures and maybe also find people, who will also start at the SJTU in September 2020.