Chinese-Forums

CSC Bilateral Program

Aps

Just a heads up to those who applied through the embassy... By now, each countries embassy must have received the scholarship results... The reason why they haven't announced the results yet is because they are waiting for each applicant's admission and visa documents to arrive from CSC... You could email or call to find out the scholarship outcome... 

@shawn80

i got this email yesterday 

There is
some update today.The system feedback indicated
that Azeemullah has applied not only one university, and he
has been awarded CSC scholarship to another
university.We do not know which university
is the one. Please contact all the other university he
applied for the information update.
Best regards,

i applied into type A and B for CSC scholarship  I admitted in type B in ENU BUT when they sent my documents to CSC they said this candidate already had been selected from another university .. I don't know which university my status in CSC portal for Type A is in progress 

I will explain how CSC Bilateral program works in Pakistan. 

At first it was advertised in the Newspapers in December/January about test being conducted for Masters/PhD studies in China. 

Those who applied, took test on Feb 4th.

The preliminary results came with in couple days, then the official in a week. 

Then on March 19th we got an email that we’ve been nominated as Principal/Merit/Alternate candidates (based on Merit and provincial quota)  and should send our documents and medical etc by 26th March. 

Then in late April or Early May our CSC status changed to “In Progress”. 

And now, on July 29th, I got an email from Chinese Embassy with list attached about those who were selected but only names. And a list of documents that we should start preparing as we may have to fly by and August. 

2 days later we got another email with Maiors and Universities. 

The Embassy had not received Admission Letters and JW201 form from China/CSC, so they are waiting for that. 

Reminder: we were only contacted by Chinese Embassy once our selection was done by CSC. Before that a ministry of Pakistan (IPC) was dealing as it was the ‘dispatching authority’ as Embassy doesn’t receive individual applications and accepts the list/nominations by that dispatching authority.  

Majority of us, who are finally selected, did not had pre admission letters meaning that we only applied via CSC and not to the universities individually and hence did not paid registration fees or application fees. 

I got my first preference which is China Foreign Affairs University, Beijing. Several got second, third preference and a few also got in the university which was not listed on their preference. 

Some universities are actually selective and do not select those who’ve applied through CSC as they have not paid fees or because their application dates have ended when the CSC sent them documents. 

• 5 weeks later...