Chinese-Forums

Fast track/express service for Z visa?

Alexican

• New Members

I've accepted a job offer that will start at the end of February, teaching English. I'm in the UK and am of British nationality. I'm not going to have my required documents authenticated etc for at least another two or three weeks and I'm really worried about not getting my z visa in time to make the start date for my job. I've tried to find out information on getting the visa fast tracked but am finding the details on such a service hard to find online. Does anyone know if it's possible to do an express turnaround? And how quickly that would be if the answer is yes? I'm really panicking about the thought of missing out on this opportunity. Any help/advice really appreciated.

I would also like to know current turn-around times.

Your situation is even tighter than mine — I would suggest ringing your nearest visa centre in London, Edinburgh, Manchester or Belfast to ask them once they re-open after the holidays (1st Jan, or 2nd in Edinburgh).

EDIT: According to the FAQ...

How long does it take to process a visa if I submit my application at the Visa Centre in person?

A visa typically takes three or four working days to process if all the accompanying documents meet the requirements. 

I can't find it now but I think the so-called fast track service has a turn-around time of 3 days.  

• New Members

Thanks , i have a feeling the three day turnaround might just be for tourist visas from my initial research. However, I might ring the centre as you suggest. My school has been pretty good with helping me out so far, I originally had end of Jan as a start date and when it was clear to me that I was being far too optimistic (I had to do my 120hr TEFL first which has taken me the best part of a month), they put my start date back a month. Still going to be tight though. Thanks for the reply ! ☺️

• Like 1