Chinese-Forums

Bringing whey / glutamine powder into China

Flickserve

I have a sports event in mainland China.

I would like to bring these supplements into China for a one day sports event that I have. Flying in from Hong Kong.

I would bring them in small kitchen containers (because I have the big tubs at home). Total volume is going to be 50-100ml of powder (estimate).

Any issues in bringing it in?

Not sure what the problem would be, except it's not identified on the package. Nothing verboten about whey powder in China. And Chinese customs is pretty easy going. Unless you look like you've got a dozen phones strapped to your body. Or worse.

my friends in Shenzhen do it all they time from HK, big sacks of whey, creatine etc. Mind you that is usually packaged.

When go to thailand, I always bring a tub of whey and creatine with me and never once had an issue. I use the plastic 1 or 2kg white tubs  you get on myprotein website 

In any case can't be checked at the airport/  train station if they deem is suspect

How many unidentifed packets of powder (milk powder etc go through customs all the time) by locals 

• Like 1

I was moving apartments around the time G20 was in Hangzhou. In the car I had a whole load of glass and plastic containers will whey, glucose, creatine, BCAAs etc, and none had any labels. I got stopped at a police check point (which was pretty regular building up to G20) and they were searching people's cars. They just took a swab of each containers, tested it, and everything was done within 5 minutes. Shouldn't be a problem!

• Like 1