Chinese-Forums

Coronavirus - traveling to China

Anano

Hello, everyone. I'm in the same situation, but I will go to Wuhan University. They sent an email saying that the registration for new students will be delayed, but I don't know till when. My airplane ticket is February 15th (the normal date of registration should be 17th). The flight will stop first in Guangzhou, later in Wuhan. Don't know if I should go this date and then stay in Guangzhou waiting for the new date of registration for internacional students. The biggest problem, besides the coronavirus, of course, is that I need to apply for the resident permit within 30 days, don't know how long it will take to the registration in Wuhan University. Advices, please????? this is my biggest dream, I'm so lost right now. ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mungouk said:

The Beijinger website is updating this blogpost with verified information relevant to Beijing.

Thanks for posting this.  I like to hear things beyond what friends are saying.  

9 hours ago, Anano said:

I should arrive in two weeks for my studies in university.

It's very hard to say what it will be like in 2 weeks. 

9 hours ago, Anano said:

So many news spreading in media,do not know what to believe in.

If you can, it might be best to postpone your studies. With more cases being discovered worldwide[Source]  it will be hard to tell what happens next. SARS took almost six months to be fully  contained and it is not clear(at least to me) how this affected people's lives psychologically. While more is known and better methods exist today, it has been reported that this is more serious than SARS: " Clinical presentations greatly resemble SARS-CoV. Patients with severe illness developed ARDS and required ICU admission and oxygen therapy. The time between hospital admission and ARDS was as short as 2 days. At this stage, the mortality rate is high for 2019-nCoV, because six (15%) of 41 patients in this cohort died. " Source

Another issue is how comfortable you'll be with putting on a mask the whole day and with being paranoid about such things as a simple cough or sneeze. All factors considered, I'd delay coming to China until next year when things might be a bit more normal.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1