Chinese-Forums

Uproar in Heaven, Monkey King, animated film (please help)

Davidh

I realize it's been quite a while since the original post, but I just joined this forum, so I couldn't post sooner.

This is indeed a beautiful animation. I hope English subtitling does something to increase the awareness of this wonderful video.

I have good news for anyone interested in this topic:

The DVD you're seeking has been reworked with English subtitles and is to be released very soon, if it hasn't already been.

My friend who arranged to have the subtitling done told me on Friday that the English-subtitled DVD has been completed.

I was fortunate to have had the opportunity of working with the charming lady (Windy Shum) who did the translation of this film's script into English, making suggestions on grammar and usage.

I'm very anxious to get my hands on a copy as you are, so I will let you know what I learn about availability as soon as I know anything.

From San Francisco with love...

English subtitles for this movie has been around for a long time, as you will know if you read this thread. What I would like to know is what the source of the video is on any newer releases. The DVD releases from China are missing a few minutes here and there, which is a real shame.

• 5 months later...

WOW - Thank you for all the help - Just two days ago I asked if The monkey King existed on dvd.

But no... Untill I found this site:-D

A childhood memory from Danish Television (I still know the chinese theme song - damn..) is now mine to watch - Thank you Thank you Thank you all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I feel foolish (to say the least) writing in a thread that appears to have been dead for a very long time and I only do it because I happened to run into this thread looking for Uproar in Heaven.

If ANYONE happens to read this, then rejoice! A dude has been working on making a restored version for years and he recently finished it. I know from a Facebook-group dedicated to the same cause ^^

This is the forum: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Fan-Resto-Monkey-King-Uproar-In-Heaven-1965-COMPLETED/topic/9505/

There's a torrent-site which has it, you need to register but who cares right? :P

http://asiandvdclub.org/details.php?id=21560&dllist=1 This is where the torrent is.

I've been trying to get ahold of YOU Davidh, but you didnt leave an email adress. I hope you read this and finish your nostalgic quest!

Sincerely

Daveman

I'm grateful to their work.

The 40th Anniversary Edition is a failure. The picture is blurry. I was profoundly annoyed by the fact that many scenes are missing in this edition.

I downloaded a fan restored version from verycd (click here). The version I saw was mostly restored, to a very decent state. Color was vivid and picture was sharp. But some were still undone.

If the copy is from the same guy you mentioned, I highly suggest someone to upload the complete restored version to verycd. After all, this is THE place for the Chinese to share digital stuff.

Once again, I must say I really appreciate your work.