Chinese-Forums

Food entrees

opper567

I have finally learned how to speak enough mandarin to do most basic stuff, but now I am at a dilemma.

I want to know how to say food dishes so that when I go to a Chinese Restaurant that I can order something in Chinese. The only entrees I can say are 家常豆腐, 辣子鸡, and 糖醋鱼.

I'd like to know the names of a few (10 or so) entrees, so I can order more interesting food. I like almost more or less every kind of food (meat, chicken, vegetables, noodles...) so please just name some of your favorites.

Thanks.. 谢谢你们

I'd forgotten about that one! Rushes off to check if it is OK and finds three mistakes! Now corrected! There are probably more! It was the first menu I translated and the restaurant no longer exists. I hope that is nothing to do with the translation!

It is worth pointing out that this particular restaurant was in Guangxi and some dishes and some names are regional. I noticed years ago, when I moved from Hunan to Guangxi that identical dishes had completely different names. This is just one of the problems of any menu translation database.

Since doing that one, I have done several. Will try to post in the next day or two, (when I remember where I put them!)