5 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer

• Dumplings, dumplings dumplings
    • Vegetarian restaurant that everyone loves but that I haven't been to
    • The Guangxi place
    • The Yunnan place
    • 锦里小馆
    • KFC

I'm going to be in Beijing for a few days in September (arriving late on the 8th, leaving early on the 12th), and figured it'd be fun to have a meetup with any fellow forumers who might happen to be around. The evening of either the 9th (Friday) or the 10th (Saturday) works well for me. If you're going to be in Beijing at that time and are interested in meeting up, please leave a reply, or send me a PM. Also, please vote for which day you'd prefer - whichever day gets the most votes wins :D

Also feel free to suggest locations. It's been a couple of years since I was living in Beijing, so who knows what's still around :)

• Like 1

Hey, I'd like to meet up! It would be nice to put faces with names....err, handles.

Right now I have no definite plans yet, but I may have something Saturday out of town, so I'd vote for Friday. But who knows...!

There's a nice Yunnan place in Beiluoguxiang. There's also an excellent watering hole -- Mao Mao Chong; it's near but not on Nanluoguxiang (can walk between the two easily). If you haven't been to Beijing in a couple of years it's also probably one of the places that has changed the most while still somehow remaining the same (makes sense when you see it!), so that might be a fun walk for you. But I'm also open to other suggestions!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, let's make it Friday the 9th then.

I like the suggestion about finding something around Beiluoguxiang/Nanluoguxiang. What do others think?

Also, if you are interested in coming, please let me know your mobile number via PM. When I get to Beijing and get a local SIM card I'll send you my number, which should make it easier to meet up.

I like the suggestion about finding something around Beiluoguxiang/Nanluoguxiang. What do others think?

The only place I can think of that I know you haven't already been to Imron is . . . lemme find it . . .this one? Not sure, but it looks good anyway. The one I'm thinking of is opposite the Yunnan place we ate at once on 旧鼓楼大街.

I've not been in Beijing for the best part of a year, so it's maybe all knocked down anyway. I'd probably still send you to the Guangxi place I sent us last time you were in town. And you still haven't been to the vegetarian place everyone loves, despite everyone loving it. Which I take as a personal insult.

Do we have a head count?

Where is this vegetarian place again? amandagmu is vegetarian I recall, so it might be worth a look in. Will be on a plane all thursday, so probably best to sort it out by tomorrow at latest :-)

Head count based on this thread is 5 so far.

Based on the number of people who have PMed me 0 + 1 (myself).

Here - can be a little tricky to find, and you may well have to wait for a table, especially on a Friday night. It's a bit of a walk from anywhere for a drink though. Not very far, mind. Oh, or the dumpling place? They've got enough non-meat ones to keep vegetarians happy.

Based on the number of people who have PMed me 0 + 1 (myself).

KFC it is then!