Chinese-Forums

anyone for BLCU Fall 2007?

panny

I just graduated from BLCU and will soon be starting work at Chaoyang district (my thesis project actually). I lived in an apartment north of the university for the whole period and am glad to have done so after visiting some of the rooms on-campus, which are certainly liveable, but you have to live with someone cleaning your room for you (yes, I like doing that myself), smallish beds and often a roommate. I won't advice against living on-campus, but if you're staying for a long time, do consider looking off-campus.

Apart from that, speak Chinese, listen to Chinese, read Chinese and dream in Chinese. If you go to BLCU, just going to class, doing your homework and then speaking English with your friends all the time might get you a passing grade, but you won't get much further.

If anyone has any questions, just ask!

Hello, I'm new in the forums as well as this is my first time applying for Beijing. I will be attending this Fall 2007. I have not reserved a dorm as of yet.. I can't help but feel a little worried... but after reading through posts here I feel a little more reassured. This forum has been really useful.

I just have one question.. it might seem a bit off.. but this is how I can communicate with my parents and they are pressing me to ask this question.. are the dorms with wireless internet connection? Or is there a place near BLCU where I can have access to a computer with internet? I'd be most grateful if someone could answer, thanks.

my friends told me that there are internet cafes near the university

so you can go there and write some e-mails

or take your notebook with wifi there and use anything you have in it (MSN, Skype, etc)

I don't know about wireless or LAN in the dorms

Hi everyone,

I am now in Beijing and visited the campus today. It is a Saturday so the offices were closed. I saw what i believe to be an internet cafe on campus while i was walking around - i hope that helps.

I am waiting for Monday before i apply for a dorm (plus i dont think the office is open until then). I would really like to know what is the best dorm(s) is to live in?? Some looked a lot nicer than others... from the outside anyway. What are the nicest ones???

Its nice and muggy here... so i hope you are all prepared for the heat and humidity. I post again if i find out anything new.

Only recently had my acceptance letter after 3 months or so of waiting :roll:

I'm from the UK studting from september till the january. It would be grreat to get to know some people before leaving considering i've never set foot in Beijing i just hope i find my way too the uni :lol:

I'm only 19 so i'm guessing will be one of the youngest on the course, good times

About the weather, I looked it up-- though it might be "hot and muggy" in the summer months-- apparently, around October it will be a little more chilly-- jean/sweater weather and later-- past november-- will probably be more wintry.

So make sure you're prepared. I'll make sure i'm prepared-- though I'm certain i can ger much of what i need in Beijing.

see you all there :)

Hello from Switzerland! ^^

I'm also new to this community and I have found the postings here very useful and interesting. :mrgreen:

I've been lucky enough to get a scholarship from the CSC and now I'm enrolled to study at the College of Advanced Chinese Training from september 3rd '07 to july 15th '08 and according to the Admission Notice I should check in at the Dormitory No. 2 .

I've read that no. 2 is one of the most awful dormitories and so I would like to change to another one. The problem is, I've heard that the full scholarship includes the lodging and if I would like to change to a 'better' dormitory I might have to pay extra fee but won't there be any problems at the Office?

(I'm arriving the 23rd of August, so I hope to be there early enough :roll: )

@philossandra: Hey, I'm 19, too. :D

Hi, I'm Matt, 21yo from Poland and i've been enrolled as a scholarship student as well. I also heard some bad news regarding the so called dorm no.2 (it looks event worse that polish students' dorms - it was hard for me to imagine that it is actually possible:P) and I'd probably be interested in switching to another dorm... I just wonder how much would it cost.

if anyone's interested, that;s my email: mateusz.klimek@gmail.com

hi friend

I am indian student want to know some information about dormatory and accomodation facility near BLCU as i have taken admission in BLCU for this coming semester as a long term non degree course student.

i heard that dormitory in BLCU is not satisfactory as much they charge for it.so, its not a wise decision to pay money without getting proper facility. anyone who can give some information about outside accomodation facility can mail me

manishkbjnu@yahoo.co.in

• 2 weeks later...

hi

nice to see u all here...i m not a scholarship student. so, i may get good dormatory but i will have to pay much more than outside because hostel of university is so expensive. anyone who want to share apart or room off campus may contact me..i wil reach there may be on 29th of august.

contact me at manishkbjnu@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards

manish

Hey, this place is great! There should really be a link on the BLCU page about this forum. Plenty of helpful info here..

My name is Lukas, and I'm from Sweden. I'm gonna be in the intensive course starting 3rd Sep. - July next year. Am I the only one who's gonna be there for a whole year?

Thank you for answering my previous question on the internet connection.

I'm in Beijing right now in Xi Jiao Hotel. I just paid my tuition fee in cash although I still have to wait for September 10 to claim my ID and schedule. I've also reserved a dorm room in Building No 4. I have yet to move in this Saturday.

Right now my only constant worry is how to get around school with my handful of Chinese. But I know the staff there can speak English.. still.. this is my first time.. living by myself in a totally new environment. Yes, I'm aware I'm in the dorms this early. I don't have anything to do for the next few days until classes start.. in the meantime, I'm going to look for a tutor.. maybe I can do some advanced studies before classes start and at least I won't have to be so uber clueless when it comes to going around.