Chinese-Forums

Current popular TV dramas in China

venture160

I've seen a couple of episodes of this on tv too, and thought it was interesting enough to buy on dvd (only 10 kuai from a corner dvd seller). I haven't started watching it yet, though will hopefully get around to it sometime over the next couple of weeks.

The one I'm watching right now (no I mean RIGHT NOW :mrgreen:- or whenever I get time) is 狼毒花 set in the Japanese invasion of China in WWII era but haven't got any specific dates on the setting. Apparently it's based on a book (I think it's a novel but possibly a true story- sorry don't care to find out for sure unless someone already knows). It can be cheesy in many places, but it is interesting and can be funny as well. If you want to know how to be uncivilized and a ruffian just learn a bit from the main character. Anyway thought I would add my two cents...

hey i already recommended that one...but yet as i look back at my post i realized i only put a link and not the name....hmmm.

that one's good...to bad i caught it during a key moment which ruined it for me...but the dialogue is fun...

poor meizi....

hey i already recommended that one...but yet as i look back at my post i realized i only put a link and not the name....hmmm.

Well no wonder I couldn't find it on the search I made for it as I wanted to make sure I didn't duplicate the suggestion. After meizi though there is a lot of interesting stuff... But, yeah, I didn't like that part....(it's hard to say if I think he did the right thing or if a real man would have killed them all and saved her :mrgreen:)

Right, will take a look at that then. If it's no good I'll be coming after you two . . .

金婚 I'm tempted by, but I'm really wanting to stay away from family dramas at the moment. Been watching quite a bit of 武林外传, need to find more DVDs of that, 奋斗 I'm sticking with in an 'on in the background' kind of way. I'd like to find a police / military show with a bit of action and suspense which isn't too rubbish, ideally.

to back i caught it during a key moment which ruined it for me
poor meizi....
it's hard to say if I think he did the right thing or if a real man would have killed them all and saved her
Well, that's that surprise ruined then. Good thing I'm not watching that series :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

喜耕田的故事 is one of my favorites. It really is nothing extraordinary, but it provides an interesting and entertaining view into 农村 life. Sometimes it's good to get away from the big city, even if only in mind. 家有儿女 is okay, but after a couple of episodes I start contemplate jumping out of a window if the cheesy comedy doesn't stop. Another one that I find mildly amusing is 特警出击. Sorry Roddy, it isn't a great police flick, it's just amusing.

haha, or you could always catch this one before it is gone for good on TV...yes a true gem indeed...:mrgreen:

Sorry, I always need to mention this drama it after seeing 家有儿女 written on this board just to cancel out that comedy (that seems to be on some channel or another for a 24/hr broadcasting..grr)....clearly I share the same feeling with Qcash 3

after a couple of episodes I start contemplate jumping out of a window if the cheesy comedy doesn't stop

oh yeah, It is great. I mean super low budget, but my favor episodes are when girls get sucked into working at a dingy KTV, or betrayed by their sleazy laoban...and then there is the episode when two girls looking for work get abducted and sold as brides and then locked in a underground hole by two 非合法 husbands (see, this is why stuff needs to be specified as 合法 hehe) so they don't run away....good times all the way

狼毒花 was way too short but it was good. Still a few episodes I haven't seen yet but I saw the majority so not too worried about it....

So I am watching one right now called 我只在乎你 which I am not recommending it but putting it out there as an option. Please don't ask why I would write about it but not recommend it as there is only one reason I am watching which I do not to care to elaborate on. It seems that it is a Taiwan evening soap and is interesting at times. Look at it and if you like it watch it.

Well, I just finished watching 金婚 and overall I quite enjoyed it. Although sometimes it feels a bit contrived, as if they were going through a list of all the possible things that can happen over the course of one's life and then just checking them off, it contains likeable characters and it's great to watch them all growing up and growing old. In fact, I think the later episodes when the main characters have grown old are definitely the best ones.

There's lots of verbal jousting and arguing that goes on, so it's chock-full of good words to learn if you're looking to improve your ability to shout and argue in Chinese. Also, because it's so broad in the range of life-events that it covers it's also great for picking up vocab and phrases related to these things.

Don't go watching it if you're interested in a history lesson though, as many of the more controversial events of the last 50 years are either glossed over or not mentioned, as I guess otherwise they wouldn't have been able to show it on TV.

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me find the name of a chinese soap involving a european husband and Chinese wife, they get married and have a naughty red haired kid called Yaka bu. Later they separate fight of the kid and then leave him with the parents. The little kid calls the grandmother mama de mama. The Wife then goes off to work in Singapore and the brother goes to work in Korea, while another sister goes to Australia. It is really international I thought and the humor is funny. It made me think of Growing Pains international style.

Anyway, I forgot the name can someone help me with finding it.

have fun,

SimoN:)

This is probably not current enough. I am watching the re-run of 妙手仁心Ⅱ, which is shown after midnight on Monday to Friday. This series was made in 2000 but I still think that it is very good.

Dr Ching is such a gentle person, annoyingly gentle ...

妙手仁心Ⅱ-> http://www.tudou.com/search/playlist/?posto=%2Fsearch%2Fplaylist%2F&kw=%C3%EE%CA%D6%C8%CA%D0%C4%A2%F2&nav_search_target=0&comefrom=1

妙手仁心 -> http://www.tudou.com/search/playlist/?posto=%2Fsearch%2Fplaylist%2F&kw=%C3%EE%CA%D6%C8%CA%D0%C41&nav_search_target=0&comefrom=1

妙手仁心Ⅲ -> http://www.tudou.com/search/playlist/?posto=%2Fsearch%2Fplaylist%2F&kw=%C3%EE%CA%D6%C8%CA%D0%C4%A2%F3&nav_search_target=0&comefrom=1

New dramas:

a new Beijing drama (to warm the cockles of your heart I suppose) is 守候幸福。 it's cute enough...my friend forced me to watch the final 3 episodes. It seems like the language isn't too complicated so it's easy to follow.

on the other extreme

there is 士兵突击 which looks interesting because there are absolutely no women in the series. I haven't caught an episode yet~ but if I do and it actually is interesting I'll write more:mrgreen: