Chinese-Forums

Current popular TV dramas in China

venture160

I finished watching "Hana-yori Dango" (my previous post) - season 1 and 2, awesome!

--

Can anyone give some info in English about "奋斗 (奮鬥)", please? My workmate has the whole series. I can borrow it with Chinese subtitles from him. I searched for English subtitles, couldn't find any.

• 8 months later...

So, I notice there hasn't been alot of activity here...hmm. Ok, well i have some dramas that I have watched over the past few months:

给我一支烟:Storyline: the secret life of 小姐: I give it a 4 outta 5. the first half is great, the second half is slow (fast forward...yawn), and then before the ending it picks up again. In any case the role of 小玉 makes this series worth watching!

向天真的女生投降:storyline: when the 混混 meets the school girl. This series picked up towards the end and the male lead grew on me after a while. There are some good villians, and you feel quite bad for all the characters after a while, and hope that someone at least finds what they are looking for. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

落地,请开手机:The undercover agent who must take on the identity of a known criminal for national security: Ok, this soap opera starts off really good. First of all let me confess my love for Sun Honglei...oh my. I really enjoy his many movies and tv series,can easily watch 征服 again and again. So big bonus points here with the casting. The series is going strong until about the halfway mark it gets all sappy and lovey dovey...no more ice cream cones getting thrown into the poor kongjie's face, now they are in love? what? I don't see it....i dunno, i lost interest once it became too formula. Too bad, the story just sort of died b/c it could have been set for greatness...sigh...but in the end I finished the series just to see if there was any hope left to salvage it,...3.5 out of 5 again.

All in all I would rewatch all of these at least 1 more time, to see if I missed anything the first time around I guess, so none of them are that terrible. And, friends who borrowed 给我一支烟 liked it too...it made for a good conversational piece w/ some other soap opera addicts, both guys and girls.

Anyway, now I'm watching the 韩剧 不要追求过去 I'll have to write up on it later. It's pretty light hearted and goofy so far, with a pretty interesting premise....

Edited by heifeng

ahh....i thought it was odd that no one was watching tv on this forum:mrgreen:

ok, i'm gonna read your revies of the dramas now...and see what you have been watching recently ...for some reason i was under the impression everyone was watching 奋斗forever:mrgreen:

....ok, I found the 落地,请开手机。So, did everyone finish it? Not terrible, but not great, huh?

I think I'm off to watch 血色浪漫 after I finish my 韩剧。。。anyone watch that one yet?

....ok, I found the 落地,请开手机。So, did everyone finish it? Not terrible, but not great, huh?

Yeah, several of us finished it, and that was the consensus about the show. Interesting characters and story, but too much cheese and strange plot devices.

• 2 months later...

ok, well I checked this time, it doesn't look like you guys watched 暖春for the first episode project...however if you did, it would be full of drama.

Ok, I really liked this tv series. why? b/c if you are in a bad mood and you watch it, it becomes hilarious...if you are in a sad mood, you'll just get all sniffly and watery eyed. It's the best of both worlds, but overall a heartwarming story. 26 episodes total.

Here's the website description, but don't read it if you don't want the first episode spoiler http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/f/nc/

• 2 months later...

I recently watched 我在墾丁⋅天氣晴 which I rather enjoyed. It's about a group of friends in Kenting and their relationships, their goals for the future, the struggles and what not like most Taiwanese dramas. I liked it because it wasn't as overly dramatic and as some dramas I've seen and most of the characters were likable. The camera work is very good, and the scenery is also nice to watch. Episodes 1-12 are available online with subtitles, and 13-20 are available with Chinese subtitles.

This is the second Taiwanese drama I've watched and I think I am getting used to the Taiwanese Mandarin finally...

• 4 years later...

First of all, Bump. What's happening people, where are our drama lovers?! I can't be the only one who marathons TV series here. (And due to the lack of recommendations I'm slowly being lost to the world of Japanese dramas with Chinese subtitles...which I should post about in the 'other language' section....)

So back to the matter at hand, I am shocked (or don't know how to search properly*) that 屌丝男士 is not up here. (I mean we have a whole thread here 屌丝 - is there an equivalent in English? on the 屌丝 concept & translation)

So, this is the baidu 411 on this series which is basically a bunch of short skits and each of the 7 episodes is pretty short overall as well. Advanced Beginner students can probably easily understand too because there is no plot to keep up with...but might not catch on to some of the references & cameos.

Enjoy online here: http://tv.sohu.com/s2012/diorsman/

(*I'm pretty sure it's my lack of searching prowess, but here's the link to the series again if that's the case!)