Chinese-Forums

Random new word of the day

roddy

火山矽肺症 pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Okay, okay. Now could you please tell me how to pronounce this? Of course, i'm referring to the word in English

Here's a demo of how to say it:

oh right, I did have a feeling like I had seen this before on this thread, but when I ran a search it didn't bring up anything, oh well..

Probably because the search function here doesn't work for Chinese characters. [No insult, Roddy, I know it's not your fault.]

Use google instead: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%E9%87%91%E7%A3%9A%E5%9B%9B%E5%9C%8B++%2Bsite%3Achinese-forums.com&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=a50ffc77dda4c0bc

these are more like characters of the day: 粜 tiào "sell grain" 籴 dí "buy grain", these are great characters!! Also in a chengyu (where I'll give you the traditional characters :mrgreen: ):

糶貴糴賤

this is what grain merchants all over the world attempt to do every year again :mrgreen:

Ah, this reminds me of 鬻, which also means "to sell", e.g. in 卖儿鬻女. But It is rarely used now just like 粜 and 籴.

And there is something even more interesting. Can anyone figure out what the word 淫鬻 means without looking it up? :D

Well apparently it means: click here to see

惊了. Just like the first time I saw the name 刘嫖. :mrgreen: