Chinese-Forums

BLCU Feb 2008-contact each other

franksank

I'm in the middle of deciding that now. My idea is to study from February through August, which is when I would start grad school in the USA. I'm having trouble finding what is required of me to apply and get in, and then, how to make sure I get the right visa. Is there a webpage that goes over this? I always have trouble finding things on the BCLU website.

http://www.blcu.edu.cn/lzb/lx_back/english/index.htm

There's prety much all the info you need. You'll need to send them a letter with the required documents in order to aply for a visa and a place at the university. It's easy and it takes about a month for the answer to arrive.

About housing, I've booked a hotel in front of the BLCU and contacted some agencies in order to have apartments ready to be checked upon my arrival. I think it's the best option.

Anyway, I can give you more info after I get there.

oh? i have friends who'd been to BLCU before and they said the conference centre would be a good choice to stay at...dorms are good too if you choose the right one, but what i've heard is that you can't really book any of them until you're there in person :help

one of my friends shared an apartment near uni, and it was great though!

franksank: I guess a month isn`t much time for them. :) Don't worry, some people wait for 8 weeks and still get no reply. Just wait :)

As for the accomodation, I think I'll live on campus. People say, they've got some acceptable single rooms. But I still hesitate, I'd like to live among foreign students, not Chinese. Someone who's got more information, please, tell me :)

zoe: from what i heard, i think BLCU is one of the best....i'm only hoping that it's still too early for them to sort out the FEB applicants at the moment and they're reply back at around dec? :oops:

marisa: i think the dorms would be alright if you get the right ones, i.e. building 4, 14 etc...and they'll mostly be amongst the foreign students =)

franksank, you mean you already got your acceptance letter? who else got there's? did you apply for the regular or intensive course. i applied for the intensive, but now i want to change it to regular and get a tutor on the side. i am wondering if i revise it, it will cause more confusion and delays. oooh, my stomach is turning, just waiting.