Chinese-Forums

Chinese Song of the Day

heifeng

I thought we already posted this somewhere, but today I'm posting 青藏高原 (again!),which is a pretty well known song. I actually really like the

version, but THEN I stumbled upon this Tibetan/Mandarin version sung by 索朗旺姆 Soinam Wangmo (articles here and here about her) which is pretty spectacular too. (Though I thought the glass in the studio may start breaking on that very last part with those lungs, but overall very very nice indeed:lol:.)

However, just one song by 索朗旺姆 is just not enough, so here's a slightly less intense one that still really shows off her voice: 听一听.

Edited by heifeng
fixed link

1) (曲/詞): 羅大佑

a. 鹿港小鎮. This song is about the disillusionment of urban life in Taipei and expresses nostalgia for small town culture

b. 戀曲

2) (曲/詞): 梁弘志

a. 請跟我來 - Duet by 蘇芮 and 虞戡平

This song, along with 酒干倘賣無 and 一樣的月光, was from the film 搭錯車 (Papa Can You Hear Me Sing). The musical film is a metaphor on the collision between the nativist Taiwanese and mainlander cultures at a time of political and cultural opening.

3) Sung by 葉蒨文:

a. 一辈子温柔 (in Cantonese)

b. 明月心 (in Mandarin)

Edited by bhchao
typo correction

1) (曲/詞): 侯德建

- I usually don't post songs that are as blatant as this, but the lyrics of this song are meaningful in a historical context. Popular during the late 1980s.

2) By 張惠妹:

3) (曲/詞): 李宗盛

凡人歌

你我皆凡人 生在人世間 終日奔波苦 一刻不得閒

(你)既然不是仙 難免有雜念 道義放兩旁 (把)利字擺中間

多少男子漢 一怒為紅顏 多少同林鳥 已成(了)分飛燕

人生何其短 何必苦苦戀 愛人不見了 向誰去喊冤

問你何時曾看見 這世界為了人們改變

有了夢寐以求的容顏 是否就算是擁有春天

Many thanks to bhchao for posting 龙的传人 which is just a classic. All that talk about, 黑头发,黄皮肤,reminded me a bit of 我们都是中国人. I'm currently learning the words so that I can add it to my array of Deng Li Jun/Teresa Tang KTV songs for our next trip to China. It takes a while to wade through though as I only know 简化字, and even then, there are some new characters like 遥 as in 遥远. Good practice though.

It also took my wife back a bit. :D

I was watching the clip to 风雨彩虹铿锵玫瑰 .

I realize it's absurd by any standard to ask to make sense of the lyrics to a pop song, nonetheless...

I expected 铿锵 would mean something like 好香 or something to do with it being sturdy and full of remaining rain/dew.. All dictionaries I have put 铿锵 as "the sound made by metal clanging", "ringing" etc.. so, question: how is a rose is supposed to clang like metal, am I missing something?

I was beginning to like 田震 as rather less 婆婆妈妈 than so many..

I'm currently learning the words so that I can add it to my array of Deng Li Jun/Teresa Tang KTV songs for our next trip to China. It takes a while to wade through though as I only know 简化字, and even then, there are some new characters like 遥 as in 遥远. Good practice though.

It also took my wife back a bit.

If you like that song, you might also like this song by Teresa Teng supporting the troops, which carries a patriotic flavor as well: 君在前哨 (Introduction in Cantonese) :D 永遠的軍中情人!

Lovely duet by 張信哲 and 于台煙: 錯過你錯過愛

Zhang and Yu Tai Yan sing extremely in sync with each other. Like yin and yang.

Edited by bhchao

Re: 风雨彩虹铿锵玫瑰

风雨/風雨, fēngyǔ = The wind and the rain; hardships

彩虹, cǎihóng = The rainbow(s)

风雨彩虹 / 風雨彩虹 = A harbinger for better days to come after hardships.

铿锵/鏗鏘, kēng qiāng = clangings" , the sound made by metal objects especially the "sounds" supposedly made up in Chinese opera when a "fight" is about to occur. The term originates from Chinese opera, which is an ancient art. Literally, it's the sound made by clanging metals against gemstones.

玫瑰, mei gui = Modern Chinese word for rose. FYI, the Ancient Chinese word for rose = 蔷薇, qiang wei.

铿锵玫瑰 / 鏗鏘玫瑰: It might mean "Women must be tough". Flowers are usually used as a euphemism for "beautiful women". Gems against metals? That's got to be tough.

Here's a link on Youtube:

I only heard this song once or twice. Didn't get to see the music video until now.

Edited by trien27
additional information & error corrections.

早晨 (Morning) by 林憶蓮

仍是昨夜的清風 滲於四週

仍是這樣輕的手 貼於我手

在那窗紗盡頭 隨着軟風晨光透

燃亮着在桌上 沒喝完的酒

夢也片刻逗留 才幻化痴情一縷

到此方知酒醒 而熱愛仍舊

仍是昨夜的溫馨 彷彿永久

仍是灼熱的相擁 誰理時候

在這小小地球 緣份到底難猜透

原來但願你能伴我便足夠

共你這麼自由 甜蜜笑聲常擁有

那管天光天黑 仍緊握你手

女人何苦为难女人 by 辛晓琪

Very nice song. Here is another good one by 辛曉琪:

領悟

(曲/詞): 李宗盛

我以為我會哭 但是我沒有

我只是怔怔望著你的腳步

給你我最後的祝福 這何嚐不是一種領悟

讓我把自己看清楚 雖然那無愛的痛苦

將日日夜夜在我靈魂最深處

我以為我會報復 但是我沒有

當我看到我深愛過的男人

竟然像孩子一樣無助 這何嚐不是一種領悟

讓你把自己看清楚 被愛是奢奓侈的幸福

可惜你從來不在乎

啊 一段感情就此結束

啊 一顆心眼看要荒蕪

我們的愛若是錯誤 讓你我沒有白白受苦

若曾真心真意付出 就應該滿足

啊 多麼痛的領悟

你曾是我的全部

只是我回首來時路的每一步

都走得好孤獨

啊 多麼痛的領悟

你曾是我的全部 只願你掙脫情的枷鎖

愛的束縳 任意追逐

別再爲愛受苦

I like how the song commences as barely audible and gradually builds into a climax as Winnie's vocals reaches full power.