Chinese-Forums

What can you flush down the toilet? Tea leaves? Bones? Rats?

realmayo

I could have misremembered dire warnings not to do it.

Sure you're not thinking of toilet paper? Easily confused.

I flush tea leaves. Nothing worse than trying to get the last cold damp tealeaf off the bottom of the mug and into the bin. Swill 'em into the toilet.

No, and since seeing the attendant in a hutong public toilet take the waste paper basket full of stinking toilet paper, upend it, use his mop to jam the contents down the hole-in-the-floor and then flush, I don't worry about doing so either.

• Like 1

While we're on this topic, has anyone actually blocked up Chinese plumbing this way?

In the older buildings in Kunming (or even new buildings with narrow pipes) my friends and I have definitely blocked up the toilet with paper - in Chengdu it doesn't even take paper :mrgreen: It's so disgusting having to take out the bathroom toilet paper garbage out every day. I'm happy my new apartment has a Western toilet with a turbo flusher so the toilet paper goes down along with everything else.

Even at some of the hostels that advised against flushing stuff down the loo I still did and had no problems... thank goodness... no super rats nor blocked loos... btw some of the funniest stuff is in this thread... woohooo... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

the general worry is blockage. If the pipe is wide enough, no problem i guess. hehe, sometimes it blocks in my home,becuz Dad pour whatever into the toilet, and then Mom almost raises the roof.

is the thread in food section? hehe:mrgreen: