Chinese-Forums

Taking the HSK? Already taken it? Report in here!

roddy

I will take the exam in Pisa (Italy). I memorize characters, try to make sentences using the characters and I bought a book with a cd with 10 simulation tests. These things are specifically for preparing to the exam..then I also have other books, I listen to podcasts, watch videos..sometimes I have a conversation online with native speakers..Learning Chinese takes long time and we never end learning something new..the better you know, the better it is..I'll go to China in July.

• Like 1

Just checked in on chinesetesting.cn. Passed the HSKK Advanced test by a whisker! Got a 64 and I think the passing score here is a 60. I felt it was one of the most awkward exams I had ever taken though, with only 3 testers sitting in the room together and the proctors awkwardly walking around and standing right next to the testers. I'm quite surprised and relieved at the result!

On another note...I also took the HSK 5 on May 10 but only have my HSKK result only, is anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

Try checking again throughout the day. I think they are still uploading the results on the website? My score for HSKK intermediate only came out really late last night. Congrats on your HSKK Advanced score!

To be honest, I only did the HSKK becauase the school made us all do it, I find oral exams very intimidating and have no plans to sit the Advanced one, heheh... But I might do the HSK 6 one day, it's a prestigious certificate to carry around. :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has the HSK certificate changed in the past few months? The other day I got my Score report, and next to the usual column (full score, your score, total score), there's a new information about percentile rank that I don't understand that much... I guess it's merely informative, but in their ranks, listening marks are higher than reading, that are also higher than writing. In my case, I scored higher in reading than in listening. In any case, is this chart relevant at all? Was it necessary to add it?

post-39698-0-39108700-1404991323_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The 'usual' column? How many times have you sat for the HSK? :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I also wondered if the percentile table was necessary, I guess it gives us an idea of how well we've done compared to the other test takers. The highest is score on the chart is 284/300 so I guess a score of 270 wouldn't be so impressive unless they tell you nobody managed to score 300.  So I guess the chart does have its advantages.

I wish we had a chart for the oral exam.  I only managed to score 78% for the speaking :nono   :wall , and I wouldn't mind taking a look at the percentile chart for that exam.

• Like 1

I guess it's fairly new, was also on my score report from this year. If you log in to your account on chinesetest.cn you can also find some interesting statistics such as the average score for your HSK test on that particular day, or in the last 12 months etc.

• Like 1

So, analyzing the percentiles, could we say that the exam was easy? Assuming that 180 is a pass (although HSK 5 and 6 don't have a passing mark any more), is it correct to say that almost 70% of the people who took the exam passed it? That 80% of the people passed the listening, but only 60% passed reading and writing?

No passing mark? Does this mean everyone who takes the exam can say they have an HSK5 certificate? I think my friends will be pleased.

I personally think the exam was difficult.  Most people who took the exam with me (Confucius Institute) in the university I was in scored below 180pts.  So now they will be pleased to know that they have passed the HSK5 and it depends on the requirements of the institution requesting for their certificate.

• Like 1

It's my third time taking HSK 5 and well still not Pass..

well my score was quite embarassing

listening 61

reading 40

writing 60

reading waas very difficult for me especially I forget the vocabulary means or can't understand the story at all

I'd pass HSKK middle level after 2 times trying..

I'd pass HSK 3 2 years ago but the level difference between 3 and 5 are far tobig

• Like 1

Edward Phie - but right above, someone mentioned that there is no specific pass mark for HSK 5 and HSK 6.  'Pass' is subjective to your employer or your school's requirement.  So if they think your scores are good enough then technically, it's a pass! :)

Oh, ok.  I don't even understand all that anymore.  Is there a passing mark for some countries or is 180 the standard pass mark?

I also did the skip from HSK3 to HSK5 (but I did the old HSK3 so we were expected to learn more than 600 words).  So I passed the old HSK3 many years ago, and when I attempted sample papers of the new HSK4 last year I found them to be very easy.  So I decided to sit for HSK5.

My next attempt is HSK6, I highly doubt I will try this year.  But it's something I'm want to do some time around late next year.  The jump from HSK5 to HSK6 is not to be underestimated, I have to learn an additional 2500 words.

Edward Phie - I think the easiest way to pass the HSK5 is to learn all the HSK6 vocabulary. That way, the HSK5 will actually be very easy for you.

• Like 1

actually I find HSK 4 easier for me, not too brag but studying one year Chinese language I feel that I can pass HSK 4 but HSK 5 how should I put it it feels a lot of higher level than 4.. if oly there is HSK level 4.5 hahaha.. I already looked HSK 6 vocabulary and it seems extremely hard at my level now but I must take level 5 this year and level 6 next year becuse I heard it is requirement so you can get your master degree certificate

• 4 weeks later...

Received my results online today for HSK 2 and funny thing is, I sat the HSK 1 in June and HSK 2 in July but my HSK 1 results still haven't came through.  I sat the HSK 2 on July 13th and they have came today online on August 14th.  And I have thankfully, passed :D With 86 for 听力 and 92 for 阅读.  So 178 altogether.

From the looks of my experience and others, it's a hit or miss if you're going to receive your results online or not.  My results for HSK 1 still haven't been sent after 8 weeks so I hope to all who are waiting that you are one of the lucky ones!