Chinese-Forums

Best Faye Wong Song Of The Day

roddy

I'm amazed I've managed to post a new song every day for so long. Usually I'm kind of feckless and inconstant.

美错 (or for those of you in China and without a VPN, click here). This one I'm really just posting for the bit between the intro and when the strings come back in - just the voice and guitar is perfect.

(sorry)

Opps, that was confusing on my end. I don't think 美错 is a cover -- I finally got around to listening to some of the songs here, so the reference to CT covers was about an earlier post.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put my head down on my desk and take a little nap....

A couple more CT covers by Faye:

Serpentskirt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PWck0U3wfY

Bluebeard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFm5OlYT2mM

I am always surprised by how many influences Faye has and how many excellent cover versions she has made. Off the top of my head, I think she has covered Blondie, Tori Amos, the Cranberries, the Police, Barry White and (of course) 邓丽君.

• 3 months later...

I intensely dislike Mandopop in general but I loved 闷. I hear a lot of former husband there. Maybe it's just my impression. I'm fetching all of the 1997 tracks right now, can anyone recommend similar tracks from other albums, if they exist? Sort of this post-grungy 90's thing or just anything by her that escapes the whole pop ballad style. Thanks in advance!

• 2 years later...