Chinese-Forums

Forums Logo

roddy

Imron, you're right about the proportions / alignment. Can try and fix that.

Kenny, I'm looking for an image to use as a logo rather than a Chinese name. Doesn't have to be a character, could be anything. This was just something I'd thought about before so I used it first - I'm more than open to other ideas. I can see this being a bit odd-looking, but I figure it might attract attention from new folk, and regular members will get used to it soon enough.

Anonymoose, any other ideas?

A brush is calligraphy and painting, which is a mere fraction of what we discuss on here. It'd be better than a panda or a Great Wall though.

Should also have said - I need some kind of compact squarish image to use as a favicon (the little square button you see next to the url in your address bar and bookmarks.

I was thinking a brush being more like a symbol for discussion, but whatever.

How about a few keys on a keyboard but instead of the keys being labelled "qwerty..." they can be labelled "天地玄黃宇宙洪荒..."?

And yes, I'd hate something self-consciously calligraphic too, but nobody will ever understand what I'm talking about in this field.

• Like 1

First off, I love this site and wouldn't want to do without it. Really. And the redesign is ok, if a tad too Lenovo-ish.

The new logo, though, is hideous. A Photoshop lighting effect from Freshman year, coupled with the most nondescript font imaginable. Save Times New Roman, maybe. When there are beautiful, pleasing-to-the-eye sans-serif fonts available.

This is me lodging a complaint. :D We Chinese learners aren't the most artistically inclined of language-learning peoples, but come on.

I think if you're going to have something in Chinese, it should mean something in Chinese, e.g., a Chinese translation of "Chinese-forums". I think it's a little tacky to use Chinese characters as "pictures" (even though... uhm... they are). If you want speech bubbles, go ahead and put speech bubbles, but don't incorporate them into Chinese characters --- I think you'd have to be *very* good to avoid it looking tacky.

The font is boring, but I think that most importantly it needs to be a little bolder (I'm not saying the arial should be bolded, but that you need to use a font that is a little bolder itself). Also, I'm not quite sure what is the technical term for it, but the edges of the logo text look somewhat off (too pixelated).