Chinese-Forums

BLCU Accommodation

roddy

I'm going to remove all followers from this thread - too many people were getting notifications they didn't want. If you want to re-follow the thread, you can do so with the 'follow' button at top right. You can also manage your Followed Content and Notification Settings.

• New Members
On 15 February 2017 at 11:14 PM, daren2503 said:

Hi daren2503, if u dont mind me asking, i just arrived in blcu and i dont know chinese. Having a hard time communicating with them. I just want to know if blcu offers unlimited wifi? If yes, may i know the rate? And which? Im currently staying at dorm 6

@Trisha

Hello.. Welcome 

Yes they offer unlimited wifi but u must pay 120yuan per month. For now the office is still close but after your registration you will get your student card and you will be able to pay for wifi by the machines next to the office (One Stop Center).. I can try to help you if you want.. Im in Dorm 7

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi @daren2503 thank you for generously sharing information do you have comments on the difference between dorms 4, 6, 7, And 8?

I also read somewhere that the bathrooms gets flooded when you shower because the shower area has no partition from the rest of the washroom. Can you confirm this? 

Thank you so much! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!
It seems I'm going to study at BLCU from September (not 100% sure yet and with CI scholarship). I was astonished to read how bad the dorms' conditions are! I'm actually okay with any dorm as long as I have shelter above my head, but I fear the constant noise of other students, which really annoys me during studying. Is it that bad? 
Another question: if I'm to change dorms, say I get to live in dorm 9 and I want to change to dorm 4, how much do I have to pay as the difference? 
But I would like to know any kind of useful info about the dorms. 
Thank you in advance! :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, thanks for the information so far.

I have a question about the communal bathrooms in dorm 1 and dorm 9. What are the showers like? Are the showers like cabins/booths where one person showers privately? Or is it more like one big room with many showers, where everybody can see your tushie?

I'm asking because I once met a Chinese person in Beijing, who told me that their showers where like the latter (can't remember where she studied though, just that it wasn't BLCU). I also remember how I once entered some public gentlemen's room in Beijing (also forgot where exactlt was) and the squat toilets didn't have any walls around them, so

Hi all, thanks for the information so far.

I have a question about the communal bathrooms in dorm 1 and dorm 9. What are the showers like? Are the showers like cabins/booths where one person showers privately? Or is it more like one big room with many showers, where everybody can see your tushie?

I'm asking because I once met a Chinese person in Beijing, who told me that their showers where like the latter (can't remember where she studied though, just that it wasn't BLCU). I also remember how I once entered some public gentlemen's room in Beijing (also forgot where exactlt was) and the squat toilets didn't have any walls around them, so

Chinese and foreigners have very very different dorming facilities. Not to sound awful, but chinese students have very bad facilities (4-5 people per room, communal showers that aren't even located in their dorm, etc.) whereas foreign students tend to have more ideal situations ie; only one roommate, showers in the same dorm. 

I dormed in dorm 9 when I was at blcu 2-3 years ago so if it hasn't changed much its basically each floor has a total of four showers (cabins/booths one person per shower) and its divided in half, so two are toward the lower end of the hall and the other two are for the other end. Then theres also a large sink for washing hands/;brushing teeth. Just a warning, the shower water changes from extremely hot to extremely cold depending on who decides to turn on one of those sinks. Its not pleasant at all but you get used to it. The toilets (squat toilets) are located in another room (not same as showers). Yes its a squat toilet. They're in stalls though so no need to worry. Dorm 9 is only for girls. One kitchen located on the first floor, five floors total. 

Dorm 1 is pretty much the same but dorm 1 has bigger rooms and they also have kitchen space on every floor, I think more showers/bathrooms too. Girls are located on floors 1-4 and then the rest are guys. 

• Like 3