Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Well fml. I have trouble with my Visa application.

When I applied for scholarship I had my old passport. It expired just a little while ago so I received a new one which has different number. However, my visa application filled in advance by Chinese embassy/CSC (dunno really which one) has the old passport number.

I'm trying to contact someone in the embassy, I hope they will actually reply soon.

@papapung

it seems they don't publish the lists of students who got scholarships, at least I didn't find anything newer than the list from 2012 on their website. Have you tried to contact their International Office (sieinfo@scut.edu.cn)?

• New Members

@scooby

I already contact International Office

On Jun 22, 2014 10:08 PM, "sieinfo" <sieinfo@scut.edu.cn> wrote:

Hi, the result will come out in the end of this month, please wait patienlty.

But now it pass that day.

@jonibol yes my status is currently checking

secondly i think GPA does not matter,

thirdly this year csc is more concerned in giving scholarships to engineering fields, medical and pharmaceuticals fields and basic sciences 

Aa, seems like i got a scholarship!

That's great, but they gave me program taught in English. I am not a native speaker and afraid my grammar and vocabulary are not good enough for master level... So worry about sitting on lectures and feeling like a dumbo((((

In case of taught in Chinese programs I'd have an extra year to improve my Chinese, at least (at the moment i have HSK 4). Maybe it would be better... But who knows, right? I mean, hsk and university level are not the same thing (even hsk 6, i suppose).

Does anyone know, is it hard to study in China master degree taught in English if my english is more conversational, not academical?

• New Members

@scooby

I already contact with SCUT by email but now it pass that day

On Jun 22, 2014 10:08 PM, "sieinfo" <sieinfo@scut.edu.cn> wrote:

Hi, the result will come out in the end of this month, please wait patienlty.

And this is result in 2013

http://www.study-in-china.org/HostSchools/CampusNews/20137511454511875.htm

Lin You Le - Nope, my status has not changed.  I don't think it will change at all (it did not change last year).  I don't think CSC is responsible for changing the status, I think the agencies are and perhaps many do not bother. :)

Sayuri - Many of the English-taught programmes are for foreigners (many whose first language isn't English).  The content may be difficult for everyone, some more than others.  But Chinese-taught programmes can be more intimidating in a way, because you are surrounded by Chinese students who are so quick to grasp (after all, Chinese is their first language) and you've got to deal with feeling completely outnumbered.  Chinese sitting for English-taught programmes expect foreigners to be in class.  It's just a different experience.

One annoying thing about the English-taught programmes is if your teacher isn't particularly fluent in English but act as though they are.  I remember sitting in for an English-taught module and I couldn't even understand what the teacher was saying.  :lol:  :wall

Some teachers are really good, they've lived and studied abroad.  Some courses actually have foreign teachers who speak English.  But gosh, some courses taught in English are laughable, might as well be taught in Chinese. :lol:

I have one more year on my passport, probably best if I just get a new one before I apply for a visa. Thanks for reminding me!

Hi guys, am in a kind of situation. I've been approved n am waiting for visa documents bt i realized in the documents i submitted i erred in writing passport number in application foe admission form bt all other forms i wrote it correct....besides sending a copy of passport itself. What would happen incase in the documents they send me there is an error?

awaiz_26 - For bilateral scholarships, it is usually the govt. body (MOE) that decides who get the scholarship and they will definitely proceed according to the demands of the country.  There is obviously a high demand for Medical graduates all over the world.  But it is not CSC who chooses to give the scholarships to certain applicants depending on their field.  For direct university applicants, each university has a quota (including language, art, maritime, etc. universities) so there's no reason for there to be a big difference in the distribution of scholarships.  In fact, scholarships are also given to students interested in being enrolled into new programs and Chinese-related programs.  So I don't know if what you've said is a rumour or if it's just an assumption, because it is not a fact.

Let's not forget that most universities do not even publish their list of scholarship winners, and also Medicine, Engineering and Sciences are subjects many people choose, it doesn't mean applicants who choose these fields have a higher chance of getting the scholarship.

Melliesons - Well, you will have to amend errors if any, before you leave.

@awaiz the reason I asked for proof is that this scholarships purpose is to promote cultural exchanges between China and other countries. It does not make since that they would limit certain fields of study and not others. The point is to attract international students and allow them to study in China. I do not think the point is to bring them to China and for them to work in China. There are no stipulations that if you recieve the scholarship and after you graduate you have to do anything. So agian I do not believe that they pick and choose people based upon what major you choose. I might be the only one that has choosen International Political Economy.