Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@shuoshuo Same here with the bonding agreement or anyone accepted for the scholarship. You usually have to return to your home country and work for about 4-5 years. I find it rather strange since my country would not actually bear a single red cent of the total costs (unless I'm mistaken).

yes I applied Directly

i receive that message

Dear student,

Congratulations! We are glad to inform you that you have been recruited by Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics(NUAA) as a new student Subsidized by Chinese Government Scholarship Postgraduate Program(CSC). Our materials including a piece of JW202 form, Admission Notice and Scholarship Certificate will be sent to you by the end of June. Please reply to us by email as the confirmation of studying in NUAA as soon as possible.

Welcome to NUAA!

No name in final List

few other people also facing same ................... they ask from the University about the Reason ........ University not responding due to Summer vacation

i applied to Chinese Government Scholarship directly to the University in 19 April 2014 i receive the email From Nanjing University of Aeronautic and Aerospace  which is that   

Dear student,

Congratulations! We are glad to inform you that you have been recruited by Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics(NUAA) as a new student Subsidized by Chinese Government Scholarship Postgraduate Program(CSC). Our materials including a piece of JW202 form, Admission Notice and Scholarship Certificate will be sent to you by the end of June. Please reply to us by email as the confirmation of studying in NUAA as soon as possible.

Welcome to NUAA! 

i confirm that on 20 April 2014 

University  published the list in 21 May 2014 

@Zeshaan

I know someone who applied at the same university, who is in the same situation as you with JW202, he doesn't know the details of the scholarship terms, he has received the documents from the University but the documents he received (admission notice and FORM to use for visa application) have not stated whether its a full scholarship or partial. No one wants to be told upon arrival that you need to pay for either accommodation or part of tuition fees when you thought it was a full scholarship.

You mentioned that the university had published the list of scholarship recipients, was the list published on the website? May be it will contain details of scholarship terms.

Anyway Zeeshan - check the past posts.  You will see that about 2 students shared the emails they received from the schools almost immediately after they applied for the scholarship.  They assumed the email was a confirmation of scholarship, but it was actually just a pre-admissons email (perhaps an official pre-admissions letter - with the official seal - would have followed upon confirmation.  The 'please reply immediately to confirm' is a hint.  Also, please remember that the university is in charge of acceptance (and they can accept you immediately), but the CSC funds the scholarship so I'm sure you can understand that the process will require more than one day.  The university have to send the nominated list to CSC and then the winners list is sent back to the university.  Only then can they announce or publish it online. So you need to figure out if the email you received was simply an acceptance email into the university.

@zeshaan In my mail they have specified clearly

We are pleased to inform you that, after being approved by China Scholarship Council, you have been granted a full Chinese Government Scholarship to study at Zhejiang University as a doctoral/master’s degree student in Fall 2014. And the registration date for 2014 Fall of ZJU is September 15 -16, 2014.

Now we are going to sent you the admission documents by EMS, please provide us your detail mailing address and phone as enclosed file required by 10 July. If you are in Hangzhou right now, you are also welcome to visit us and pick up the documents.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing you at ZJU in september!

In my case they specified clearly whether it is full or partial scholarship. May be u can check with the admissions office u get a beter area.

Pavidevi - Thanks for sharing that.  I was just going to ask anyone to share their confirmation email.  I received a confirmation last year and it included my personal details that they wanted me to check (to make sure the details were all correct) and to confirm my address.  I believe we can always expect language issues when it comes to emails from some of these universities.  So it's sometimes hard to distinguish the difference between a notification that you have received the scholarship, and a notification that you have been accepted into the program (under the CSC...IF the CSC agrees to financially support you).

Other sources online states that JW201 are for government institutions and JW202 are for non-government or private institutions.

The JW202 can't be for partial scholarships only, because it's what I received last year when I was on a full scholarship.  Both forms have the option for the institutions to select either partial or full scholarships.