Chinese-Forums

Translation Insight for a Lovebird

fy12

However, most never meet due to the many variables.

One of the many variables that will determine how many of your soulmates you will meet is the time you have to live.

You're wasting it on a dating website you can't read, finding people you can't talk with.

• Like 2

Everyone has their soul mates or a certain number of people who they can feel that personal connection with. However, most never meet due to the many variables.  I'm allowing myself options, as to not investing it all on one market.

That's some nice mental gymnastics there. I'm not sure my girlfriend would be happy about me two-timing her, even with that reasoning. In fact, if I talked about her as an item on a market, I think whatever we have that could be called a proper and meaningful relationship would go down the drain very fast. Soul mates tend not to like that kind of thing.

• Like 3

Good to see you're spreading your bets.

Always good to secretly have several on the go at the same time, I think.

That way, if any turn out to be wrong-uns, at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you got your revenge in first!

Who believes in love at first sight these days?

Fools...

• Like 2

I have trouble understanding the below:

没有 头像不是我     那是萨摩耶  我只是有时间了想买条

What I translate from it is - That in the portrait is not mine.  Naturally bred Samoyed dog.  I simply want to buy it at some point in time.

I've messaged a native Chinese friend to review and she mentioned it doesn't make sense; I would like other minds to view if this is indeed true.

If you want to go down this route, consider hiring a translator or learning Chinese first. In my opinion it's not reasonable to ask the people of this forum to translate all the back and forth messaging for you for an extended period of time.

• Like 1