Chinese-Forums

(Baidu Account)Need help to type in Chinese verification code,Please...?

jabavox

• New Members

Hi 889

Is there any chance you can verify this for me too? http://passport.baidu.com

I've tried several times myself and have had my own number accepted - only for it to later ask for another number. This is where it will only accept a mainland number in China, and not the one I've already verified..  :wall

Thanks

• New Members

I have read previous posts on this topic and have done that. That's not where the problem I have is though (verifying the link I sent you), however, when that has been verified and I log-in I get this (see image) which asks for another number. This time there is no option to enter a non-mainland number as no matter what format I use it says incorrect.  By the way, the reason I sent the link above was because it was my attempt at a second account. I can't verify it with the number I gave for the first account because they've added it to their database already  :nono

I don't have the issue most people are having with the Chinese characters. It's verifying the 2nd number. 

I've also tried signing up through Weibo and QQ but similar problems..

Thanks for trying

Asks_for_2nd_number.jpg

When this thread started, there was a button to "Do This Later" on that page, but Baidu removed it a few weeks ago.

If you want to open a second account, then try starting from the beginning with a foreign number. If you don't have a second foreign number to use, then you may be stuck. Obviously, Baidu is now trying to restrict multiple accounts by requiring a phone number.