Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
lethargica

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica

Hello everyone ,

I'm looking to apply for 2019 CSC Scholarship next year , I have some basic questions that I couldn't find the answers to, Hope you don't mind to answer them.

1)I want to apply for Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science(Chinese) at Tsinghua University, Given that I have no Chinese knowledge , can I apply for it before having the HSK test and have prepatory Chinese classes for 1 or 2 years , or I need to apply for non-degree Chinese class first to have HSK test and then apply for the major I want?

2)Do I need to get the pre-admission letter from the university before I apply for CSC Scholarship?

3)Do I apply online or do I have to go to the Chinese embassy in my country? If so, what is the official site for applying online?

4)How does the selection for CSC Scholarship work? Do I select 3-4 schools at once for CSC Scholarship or the government could select a university for me that is different than my selections?

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

philippo

1. No

2. No

3.yes u need to apply online

4. No body knows.

Embassy or school nominates you to csc.

Csc awards you the scholarship. Sends your letter to school or embassy. They send it to u.

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

GabrielaVD

Hello

I knew people who studied their bachelors without any previous Chinese knowledge. All bachelors are Chinese-taught, so the scholarship recipients get 1 or 2 years Chinese courses in specific universities, but you have to specify in your application you need the Chinese course. But I think that if you apply without any HSK and you are granted the scholarship, you automatically get sent to a university to study Chinese in order for you to meet the required level to start your bachelor

The university letter is not necessary, if you do get it and submit it in your application, CSC (the scholarship council )will send your application package to that specific university, but its up to CSC to grant you or not the scholarship, so even if you have the letter you may or may not get the scholarship, and may or may not get the scholarship but get sent to a different university

the application sheet is online registering on www.campuschina.org/, but you can apply through Embassy or directly to your target university, only if they offer csc scholarship-unversity program, you can find out on www.campuschina.org/

Nobody knows how the selection works, but on the application sheet you are required to put in order your three preferred universities, but, like I said, maybe you get granted the scholarship by CSC but there´s a chance they may send you to another university if none of your target universities accept you

you can take a look at this page for more official info, but I think there´s a problem with it at the moment, I cant enter

www.campuschina.org/

• Helpful 1

abeer

hello,

is there any information about march intake programs ? 

annie93

also waiting for information about march intake. @abeer kindly share when you get it

yanlei

Hello , I am a current receiver of the CSC Scholarship. Ping me if you have any questions and maybe i can assist you.

Abmens

Hello family, 

please if you sending a research proposal  to a prof. Should your study area be based in china or your home country.

Ampicillin

Hello guys, If anyone needs any information regarding Shanghai Government Scholarship or CSC then would love to assist you. I am an existing SGS Ph.D. student studying at Tongji University. Good luck to all future aspirants. 

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

Eyoel

@Ampicillin first thank u for your kindness, I want to do my masters and I need help

Ampicillin
5 hours ago, Eyoel said:

first thank u for your kindness, I want to do my masters and I need help

You are welcome bro. You can ask me your doubts. It’s better if you PM or Wechat me. You can post your questions here as well so that it may help other people as well but I don’t come here often and might give you delayed response. Lately been busy with the projects. Good luck. 

Ampicillin

@Abmens If you applying for Ph.D publication can be from anywhere in the world. If you sending proposal then your area of research should be in China and you must do your research in China but you will get certain days exemption if your study requires you to travel and your prof. will assist you. When it comes to scholarship you must be in China that’s the scholarship law but you get certain days official holidays per year. Good luck. 

Lu

Eyoel and Ampicillin, I hope you can help each other! But if you can, please post it here, because Ampicillin is quite right:

4 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

You can post your questions here as well so that it may help other people as well

Information on universities from people who are studying there (or have studied there) is extremely useful to many other people who consider going there.