Chinese-Forums

Chinese chicken curry 咖喱鸡肉

abcdefg

Looks super yummy as usual. I never add coconut milk to my Japanese curry cubes but I think I will give this a try. If you happen to come across Java Curry block also produced by House, I highly recommend it. It has more kicks of spice and flavour I think compared to the other Japanese curry blocks I have tried, especially the extra hot one (the extra hot one is really not that hot). 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, amytheorangutan said:

If you happen to come across Java Curry block also produced by House, I highly recommend it. It has more kicks of spice and flavour I think compared to the other Japanese curry blocks I have tried, especially the extra hot one (the extra hot one is really not that hot). 

I'll look for that kind next time, Amy. Thanks for the tip. I very much like those extra kicks of spice and flavour. 

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi, there. I was looking at your picture of the different varieties of curry. My husband and I really enjoyed the variety that comes in the almost maroon colored box with a mountain on it while we were living in China. It has a very low spice rating of 1 or 2. Could you possibly tell the name of the curry on the box so we might be able to order it online?

11 hours ago, Nermal said:

My husband and I really enjoyed the variety that comes in the almost maroon colored box with a mountain on it while we were living in China.

Hello @Nermal -- I'll be glad to try. Lots of curry that's for sale here in China is called "Japanese Style" 日式风味 and has a picture of Mt. Fuji featured on the box. Most of them have a "spiciness" rating of 1 through 5. 

Here's one that I had on hand in my pantry. Spiciness rating, bottom right corner, of this sample is 1. I usually buy a low spice rating (1 or 2) and add fresh peppers on my own since that way I can better regulate the end result. 

1595120508_IMG_7861-900px(3).thumb.jpg.c9801a34dc24f845632339af0ea711bb.jpg

If this is the one you are thinking of, it's Chinese name is Anji, made in Quanzhou City, Fujian Province. It is distributed abroad by Shanghai Ankee Food Company as "An Kee Brand" 

Here's a recommendation from Amy, in a post a few days ago, for House Brand Java Style:

If you happen to come across Java Curry block also produced by House, I highly recommend it. It has more kicks of spice and flavour. 

You are most welcome!

Do you usually use it to make chicken curry or beef curry or something else? I tried it with lamb last year and it worked out well. Might evem be my favorite of the three curry meats.