Chinese-Forums

Another online "at home" HSK test: February, March, April, June

mungouk

Agreed. The time for the last 2 sections at HSK 4 (at least) seems wrong... not enough time for part 2 (reading) and way too much time for part 3 —  writing.

The computer-based test enforces this, but with paper-based you can change it how you see fit.  

(The time for the listening part is fixed, obviously.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question regarding the HSK at home tests. I remember seeing it somewhere that they were checking the IP’s for location, therefore you could only take the test on the country that you are in. My question is, I’m supposed to fly back to Europe on the 6th of March, so I’ve signed up for my local Confucius institute hsk test. However, there’s a possibility of my flight being canceled, in that case I would have to stay in South America for another two weeks. Could I take the test from South America, even though I signed up for the test in my home country? In case they’re in checking, could I use a vpn to bypass that restriction? Any info on this would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, ptyfriend said:

In case they’re in checking, could I use a vpn to bypass that restriction?

Nobody knows what checks the software does, but apart from geo-locating your IP address it could also potentially access your system time and locale.

The physical check done by the invigilator (last year, at least) is just asking you to use your phone/webcam give them a 360 degree view of the room that you're in. So if they ask you to open the curtains, explaining why it's pitch black outside could be a tricky one. 

Apart from that, if you got caught you would be disqualified. Whether or not this would have any effect on taking future HSK tests I don't know.

• New Members

Up until now whenever I ran the home test client, it would say "No test found", or something similar. I was beginning to worry there was something wrong with my client.

Now when I run it it can find and download a mock exam - in case anyone was in the same position as me - give it a try now! I'm looking forward to trying out the mock test later this week.

• Like 1

Went on the Confuzius Institute website and saw that today was the deadline for registration for the test on the 13th. So I just registered for HSK4.
Let's see how I do. I'm sure I know all the words and characters. Just haven't done any studying specifically towards HSK. Hope I can then take HSK5 in June (only know ~70% of the vocab atm).

What is the policy on retaking HSK (either to pass, or to get a higher score)?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi anyone else having problems uploading pictures and getting email code on chinesetest.cn website in order to register for home online? No matter what I do it just wont work, switching browsers, new email etc...

On 3/1/2021 at 9:55 AM, Mantou said:

Went on the Confuzius Institute website and saw that today was the deadline for registration for the test on the 13th

I'm sure it's been said, 

but, is June the last date for attempts at current HSK do we know?

I hope not. I want to try and sneak in HSK4 before it changes, but I'm probably months off passing it.

5 hours ago, TaxiAsh said:

is June the last date for attempts at current HSK do we know?

Recent information suggests that the current HSK 1-6 will be around for a year or two yet. 

The new HSK 7-9 exam is supposed to be trialled in December and rolled out officially in March 2022, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mantou said:

For the UK, is there any new information about upcoming HSK exam dates besides the 5th of June?

The CTI website now includes "Online Chinese Test (Home Edition)" in the search options, so you can check out the UK test sites there.

image.thumb.png.cf81a0387b53fbc1752bdf325d5c1cbf.png

From a quick glance some of them are listed as running tests in October and December. (Coventry, Lancaster, Nottingham) ... it's probably worth contacting them directly to confirm. email addresses are included in the details.

• New Members

Hi all -- I'm Alex, I'll be writing HSK6 in Canada at home on June 5th. 

I just did the 'technical setup' preliminary call, and the facilitator said that the 'mock test' available now through the home test client is actually the same exact test as the one we'll be given on test day. This seems sort of bizarre, so I wanted to see if anyone else knows whether this has been the case in the recent at-home versions of the test. Thank you in advance for your wisdom!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zhouhaochen said:

Are there still any HSK at home exams coming up?

I tried searching in Mainland China and in the UK and there's currently nothing showing up after June 5.

If you're a twitter user you could try asking them at https://twitter.com/HSKTestOfficial

Otherwise maybe contact one of the test centres and ask them?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, zhouhaochen said:

Are there still any HSK at home exams coming up?

Yes: September, October and December were just announced for those living in countries where the in-person exams still aren't running.

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/61382-online-hsk-test-home-edition-september-25-october-30-and-december-11/

• Like 1