Chinese-Forums

Cross-Cultural Dating

Ian_Lee

In the lonelyplant forum, there are always topics about westerners dating Chinese girls.

But seldom is there any topic related to Chinese guy dating western girl.

When I was in my sophomore year studying in a university in the deep South, I had dated American girl.

The most unforgettable experience was that during the first date, she asked me to pick her up at her place. She hadn't dressed yet and asked me to wait for her to change.

I still remembered that she changed clothes inside the bathroom without closing the door.

The relationship didn't work out. (However, I came across her on campus two years later and she was very eager to give me her new phone number even in front of her boyfriend.) But after so many years, I still wonder if she hinted something that night?

Quest and 39degN:

Did you two ever date girls not from your own cultural background?

I have dated American gal, ABC gal, HK gals, Taiwan gals and Singaporean and Malaysian gals (even though the latter four can all speak some forms of Chinese language, their cultural backgrounds are somewhat different). I would say the approaches towards them during dating games have to be somewhat varied.

Quest and 39degN:

Did you two ever date girls not from your own cultural background?

i mean no offence, but,

first of all, this is private

then, no exhibitionism

lastly, i dont think it's a appropriate topic for here.

i m sorry! :wink:

In the lonelyplant forum' date=' there are always topics about westerners dating Chinese girls.

But seldom is there any topic related to Chinese guy dating western girl.

(...)[/quote']I suppose that is because most Chinese-Western relationships are between a Western man and a Chinese woman. You very rarely see it the other way around.

Lu wrote:

I suppose that is because most Chinese-Western relationships are between a Western man and a Chinese woman. You very rarely see it the other way around.

Why can't it be both way? By 2020, there will be 30-40 million Chinese guys without spouses. They should look for more sources and don't confine their targets to only Chinese girls.

Lu wrote:
I suppose that is because most Chinese-Western relationships are between a Western man and a Chinese woman. You very rarely see it the other way around.

Why can't it be both way? By 2020' date=' there will be 30-40 million Chinese guys without spouses. They should look for more sources and don't confine their targets to only Chinese girls.[/quote']

i hope they can find happiness. many of the Chinese men want to marry Sammi Cheng or Faye Wong instead of real women with real careers. some men are afraid of strong women. i don't know why.

Is that really what Chinese men want? Good luck to them!

If they want to look around more, where should they turn to? I can't think of many countries where there are many more females than males.

Maybe women should be allowed more than one husband at the same time but men shouldn't be allowed more than one wife at the same time.

Is that really what Chinese men want? Good luck to them!

most men are this way around the world, i think. that's why women wear high heels that cause pain and damage to their legs, etc....

why can't we just love? :roll:

also some Hong Kong guys have 2 wives. 1 in HK. 1 in China.

is that legal?

Why can't it be both way? By 2020, there will be 30-40 million Chinese guys without spouses. They should look for more sources and don't confine their targets to only Chinese girls.
I think most Western girls will think Chinese men too old-fashioned, and the Chinese men will problably think Western girls are too independent. Western men turn to Asian girls for a reason...

Why can't it be both way? By 2020' date=' there will be 30-40 million Chinese guys without spouses. They should look for more sources and don't confine their targets to only Chinese girls.[/quote''] I think most Western girls will think Chinese men too old-fashioned, and the Chinese men will problably think Western girls are too independent. Western men turn to Asian girls for a reason...

'asian girls' <---- no two asian girls are alike; it is a pretty big continent.

as far as chinese girls?

hong kong girls and tibetan girls share few values.

shanghai girls have a completely different outlook on life than hebei girls.

i'm not really an expert for dating, though. i have only had one girlfriend ever. and she has been tolerating me for about four years... :P a woman SHOULD be independent. life is so much better when she stops you from making bad decisions about things like money or clothes...

... maybe i should quit talking while i am ahead ...

:oops:

sometimes, western men turn to asian girls for the WRONG reasons... the stereotypes they see in movies or read in certain types of literature, for example.

Actually I have very good impression about American girls (not necessarily White, ABC, ABJ, ABV,......etc)

I know a HK guy goes to Medical School whose ABJ wife works all the five years as waitress to support him financially.

I doubt if any Chinese girl (HK, Taiwan or Mainland) is willing to make such sacrifice.