Chinese-Forums

Cross-Cultural Dating

Ian_Lee

I've dated Indoneisan girls, Singaporean girls, Taiwanese girls, Hongkong girl, Malaysian girl, and American girl. And recently, dating this China girl..

with the American girl, nothing last..or should I say nothing even to begin with, , cultural difference. Just a nite stand, next thing u know she's gone the next morning :(

The Hongkong, taiwanese, and Singapore gals...love to hang around with them, real nice...you know those "just a fling" thingy :wink:

Indonesian gals, are still real "old-traditioned", chasing hard to get..and so on...kind of annoying at times :?

But this China girl I knew...kinda interesting...very open-mined. Reallly change my perception towards her own nationality.

Well I always love to learn different cultural background of different ethnic. 8)

Actually I have very good impression about American girls (not necessarily White, ABC, ABJ, ABV,......etc)

I know a HK guy goes to Medical School whose ABJ wife works all the five years as waitress to support him financially.

I doubt if any Chinese girl (HK, Taiwan or Mainland) is willing to make such sacrifice.

Perhaps it is safe to say that we will be hard pressed to find any girl of any nationality (chinese hk,taiwan,mainland,american,spanish,french,english,etc...) which will be willing to make such a sacrifice?

However, there is more than 1 mainland chinese girl which I know which has done close to the above, especially now that more and more are going overseas whilst their boyfriends are back home.

So in our posters' opinions, what girl would make good wife? What girl would make good date? What girl is your dream lover? And what girl is the one you want to date but you never have a chance?

For me, I would say:

Good wife -- Chaozhou or Hakka girl (no matter where they are from) because they are hardworking and thrifty;

Good date -- ABC girl since usually she would go Dutch during the date;

Dream lover -- second or third generation Mainland girl born in Taiwan, i.e. Joey Wang or Brigitte Lin who are really classy;

Dream date -- Japanese girl like Takuei Takako.

So in our posters' opinions' date=' what girl would make good wife? What girl would make good date? What girl is your dream lover? And what girl is the one you want to date but you never have a chance?

For me, I would say:

Good wife -- Chaozhou or Hakka girl (no matter where they are from) because they are hardworking and thrifty;

Good date -- ABC girl since usually she would go Dutch during the date;

Dream lover -- second or third generation Mainland girl born in Taiwan, i.e. Joey Wang or Brigitte Lin who are really classy;

Dream date -- Japanese girl like Takuei Takako.[/quote']

:lol: so what's the HK girl's position?

yeah, what about 上海女人, how do they fit in the scheme?

Curious as to what the internet thought of 上海女人, I did a google search and came to this amusing site: http://www.szed.com/n/ca499218.htm (It's two pages with two pictures)

Here's an excerpt:

作者(一位男士)感慨道:站在上海的黄埔江边10分钟,你就觉得自己结婚早了。 其实,除了外滩,还有上海的淮海中路、南京西路、徐家地铁里,都是只需10分钟遍览沪上花的黄金地点。

上海女人的美和媚,有三个代名词可以表达。第一个代名词是精明,这是“地球人都知道的”,但这个“精明”已被融入了智慧、好奇、景仰、善解人意的意义;第二个代名词是“野心”,上海女人自己是笑而不答,并不回避,表现在上海女人乐于让我看见,善于表现。她们兴高彩裂地上街,大声逗笑,以引人注意。女人味&情,是上海女人的第三个代名词,仅为上海女人独有的风情,别人最难以描绘也无从仿效,勉强总结即是融会贯通了传统VS现代的摩登风格。原来,上海女人,总是那样的水灵和娇媚。

Search Google for 'Shanghai Girls' and you'll find this dodgy translation I did ages ago - something tells me it's not actually what the searchers are looking for though . . .

Roddy

Roddy, I don't think anyone outside of Shanghai would seek Shanghai girls. The article you translated is wrong.

That's because it takes a real man to handle a 上海女人.

I mean if you just let me pick any girl in the world, shanghai girl probably won't even come across my mind, but that's just me. Not that I think they are bad, just that I do not think they have that much of an influence on my choice.

so what's the HK girl's position?

I would say "good for friends" – especially when I went out in a group – since they mostly likely shared more common topics for chatting with me.

HK girls can be very aggressive towards “quality” guys since the latter is in a dwindling supply nowadays.

so what's the HK girl's position?

I would say "good for friends" – especially when I went out in a group – since they mostly likely shared more common topics for chatting with me.

HK girls can be very aggressive towards “quality” guys since the latter is in a dwindling supply nowadays.

quality?! is that a code word for 'net worth'?