Chinese-Forums

Cross-Cultural Dating

Ian_Lee

quality?! is that a code word for 'net worth'?

Quality encompasses net worth but not only net worth alone.

It also refers to:

(1) Family background – preferably not to live with the in-laws after marriage.

(2) Income – of course the more the better.

(3) Career – professionals preferable. But would prefer husband not to work in Mainland to decrease chance of extramarital affair.

(4) Asset – owning an apartment a must.

(5) Nationality – foreign passport holder preferable. But of course it is just last resort. Life without Filipino/Indonesian maid in 3,000 sq ft house in Toronto or Sydney would scare the girls off.

Love usually comes after the quality check.

HK girls usually belong to the pragmatic lot (Of course there are exceptions).

But I would say there is hardly anything wrong with it.

Approval comes after quality check and a sticker that says Q.C., which is followed by a sticker that says Made in China.

:lol:

i guess this is the fact of life.

thankfully, my gf accepts my low-quality. :)

But usually such high expectation of "quality" is demanded only by those prime age girls, i.e. 22-25.

When their ages progress, their demand of "quality" will be lowered.

By the age of 35 (if she still wants to marry), most likely she doesn't mind if you are bald on the forehead.

But usually such high expectation of "quality" is demanded only by those prime age girls' date=' i.e. 22-25.

By the age of 35 (if she still wants to marry), most likely she doesn't mind if you are bald on the forehead.[/quote']

hey, skylee? you're a HK girl. is that true? eventually, fat guys are attractive?

geek_frappa:

Why so fancy about HK girls? Not every HK girl is Sammi Cheng (IMHO she looks like the wife of Popeye) or Maggie Cheung.

In average, HK girls are not pretty since they have rather a flat facial complexion and yellowish color skin like most Cantonese girls do.

But of course, they are better in packaging themselves than other Cantonese girls.

In average, Shanghai girls are prettier. But maybe HK girls are more exotic as perceived by people in Mainland.

geek_frappa:

Why so fancy about HK girls? Not every HK girl is Sammi Cheng (IMHO she looks like the wife of Popeye) or Maggie Cheung.

In average' date=' HK girls are not pretty since they have rather a flat facial complexion and yellowish color skin like most Cantonese girls do.

But of course, they are better in packaging themselves than other Cantonese girls.

In average, Shanghai girls are prettier. But maybe HK girls are more exotic as perceived by people in Mainland.[/quote']

??

every women is pretty no matter what part of china or the world.

dating someone involves compromise and adjustment. i'm a little sad that people shop each other, but i suppose this is human nature.

the youth only lasts a few years. then you get old and that's when it really counts, when you depend on the other person for everything.

sammi cheng, btw, is a beautiful person. she is also extremely talented.

the best girls are girls who have brains and who can eat a lot of food' date=' especially when we go dim sum.[/quote']

hehe, yeah, i agree, i would treat you dim sum if someday you come to beijing :lol:

haha. ...after i treat you to dim sum in bejing. :lol:

But usually such high expectation of "quality" is demanded only by those prime age girls' date=' i.e. 22-25.

By the age of 35 (if she still wants to marry), most likely she doesn't mind if you are bald on the forehead.[/quote']

Well if a woman at 35 who still wants to marry LOVES the man she is going to marry, then of course nothing matters. If she doesn't really love him that much, but wants to marry, then she can always pretend that she doesn't care about his baldness. And then after a while she will probably forget about it. But a woman who is still single at 35 probably "need not" marry because she can take good care of herself. It is probably the fear of dying alone half eaten by Alsatians (to quote Bridget Jones) that makes them "want" to marry. It is so sad.

It is probably the fear of dying alone half eaten by Alsatians (to quote Bridget Jones) that makes them "want" to marry. It is so sad.

that is sad, and some men take advantage of this, which is worse.

personally, i'm afraid of marriage. my gf is my best friend in this world. i think marriage will ruin this, but then... that may be a topic for another thread... :roll:

every women is pretty no matter what part of china or the world.

dating someone involves compromise and adjustment. i'm a little sad that people shop each other, but i suppose this is human nature.

the youth only lasts a few years. then you get old and that's when it really counts, when you depend on the other person for everything.

We are not machines, we have feelings; even if that someone will take good care of you your whole life, not happy is not happy if you do not love the person. If you have to "think" and to reason whether or not that person is right for you, he/she is probably not the right person. I always believe in trusting your gut feelings.

We are not machines, we have feelings; even if that someone will take good care of you your whole life, not happy is not happy if you do not love the person. If you have to "think" and to reason whether or not that person is right for you, he/she is probably not the right person. I always believe in trusting your gut feelings.

I agree. But talking about love is like asking people 何不食肉糜. It is hard to come by. The second best is two good friends marrying (brotherly love is better than no love at all). But this is not easy either.

But what does this have to do with cross-cultural dating?? 8) OFF-TOPIC!!