Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

In terms of allocation or quota, the CI works a little differently from CGS. Mainly because many unis have this "sister uni partnership" so the CI is more flexible in terms of quota. I don't understand why on one of the above post they gave the reason of quota being filled up.

Okay, so I've been too lackadaisical keeping up with this whole process since I submitted it a couple months ago. I just checked online and I still have this status. Does this mean I never even made it past the stage with my host CI institution? I'm sending an email to them as well as Hanban today. THANKS!

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”
接收院校:四川大学

Just received an email by Hanban about the same situation as my status is also 申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中” and there it is: 

您好,“推荐机构择优确认中”是指您的申请材料已提交到推荐机构,推荐机构正在审核中。

Looks positive but let's see as 16th is over already  :shock:

Congratulations to those who were accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting! 
Looks like I'm headed to Xiamen for two semestes. :)
But I didn't understand what should happen next. Are we supposed to get an email from the university at some point, or is it our responsibility to contact them?

The host institutes will post “Admission Letter”, “Enrollment Instructions”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China" (JW202 Form) and other related materials to successful applicants through their recommending institutions.

The host universities shall mail the Admission Letter, Enrollment Instructions, Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China (JW202 Form) and the electronic file of Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate to successful applicants and notify the recommending institutions before August 1,2015.

you can check here http://cis.chinese.cn/article/2015-03/06/content_579302.htm

Hello everyone, I think I have some problems with my CIS application or whatever it may be. My status is currently 申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 授予奖学金 and it was like that since June 15th, so I've won a year scholarship at Nanjing Normal Uni. The thing is that I contacted my CI yesterday and they don't have my name in the list :/ Instead, they have the name of a guy who also applied for the scholarship but was rejected. Can it be a mistake? Anyone had experience with such cases?

Hello Darima and Haofei, I emailed CI in Sofia and currently I'm waiting for their respond. Honestly, I have no idea what's wrong but I hope to have a good news soon. We can't really do much about it but to wait! Fingers crossed :) 

I am out of the game :( Rejected because of missing Cover page of my passport!

My application hasn't event went through admission process! 

What should I say, I am just speechless!

Well Done to all successful applicants!

Hi Haofei, 

CI contacted China and they found out from there. Even both universities confirmed me that they haven't considered me because no application

went through them. Since submission, my application is rejected!

Anyway, I shared my opinion about the  process for this scholarship with the Chief Executive- Xu Lin, so let's see what she is going to say!

The team from CI simply told me "we can't do anything, good luck next year ". but in my opinion they just don't want do anything! 

How about you Haofey, any result?

Ok, I've got a different question: for those of you that got in, what now? My CI isn't very halpful and says that I'm on my own now XD I've heard that we have to log in somewhere on the University's page, anyone know what is that about? Is there some sort of deadline?