Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

"@GotJack This application will be (quite sure) rejected - this year politics of Hanban seems to be very strict  - being in China while applying disqualifies you."

Oh really? I hadnt heard of this. Im also in China so we will both likely be rejected. The Confucius centre we applied for didn't think it would matter.

@haofei oh god thank you for your reply. I thought i was the only one panicking with that status. I contacted Hanban and they told me to wait patiently and didn't mention anything wrong with my application. Crossing fingers now!!

@GotJack I'm currently in China and I didn't have any problem. (so far.) I even e-mailed my university to ask if I'd have to leave the country on a visa run and they said it's no problem, they can simply change my work visa to a student visa. I did fill in my UK address on the application form though... maybe I should keep quiet about it until Hanban approves! ^_^

Or is it different depending on if you're applying for the MTCSOL or just the 1 year studying? It seems unreasonable to reject people from the Master's program on that basis, if you get to the level where you can apply you're surely going to have to have spent some time in China already.

Yeah I'm applying for the 1 year programme, so I am in a different position. But i think the logic runs through about it being unreasonable to reject people on that basis, but ahhh if thats the case 怎么办

Can any people who got accepted to the MTCSOL scholarship in previous years tell us a little about the sort of accommodation provided? As far as I know, international dormitories in Chinese Universities have either a single room for one person, a shared room for two people, or 2 people living together with separate rooms and a shared bathroom. I'm going to guess that the most likely scenario is sharing a room with one other person, as that is the most cost-effective way of doing things for the university, but is that always the case? Have any scholarship students been placed in a 2 bedroom flat or single room by their university? And is it possible to pay the difference and upgrade your living situation? 

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 
(意见:申请者身份属实,材料齐全,同意录取。)

can anyone tell me what is this mean? its not the final result right? when will they notice the final results

“接收院校审核中” 
(意见:此项目的录取已结束,名额已满,感谢申请。)

mine says this. will Hanban still find me a university for me? (I checked yes for accepting other choices)

my 接收院校 section has my second choice university now.

Will I still have a chance to receive any kind of scholarship this late? my 已确认status was super late too. (I took both of my HSK and HSKK test in March)

I'm getting worried about the wait but I don't want to send another email to my CI since they just kept saying be patient and everything is fine.

Is anyone going through same thing like me?

can anyone tell me what this means?

“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校 
(意见:误操作,重新调剂)

the 接收院校 section has completely different school from my original choices but I just want to know what this exactly means.

thanks!

@haofei I hate to worry you, but if your application status still says "接收院校审核中", you should probably contact your confucius institute. My status was the same as yours. Apparently there was an issue with their being able to access the file containing my HSK scores. Luckily I was able to work with my CI to get everything fixed and my status went from "接收院校审核中" to "同意录取“ in about a day. 

I hope not.., I am in contact with my CI regularly. I asked CI staff if everything was fine and apparently they can see that my first uni choice is full and it has been redirected to my second uni. I don't know how they can see this information though, I don't see any change on my status. It's still showing "接收院校审核中"…. I dropped an email to Hanban. So stressed :-/ 

• New Members

Hi guys i need help. I got an update and it says....

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回 
(意见:由于孔子学院奖学金名额有限,所以今年你未被录取,请继续努力!)

does is mean I didnt get the scholarship and have no chance to get accepted to my second preferred univ or even hanban preferred? thankss!!