Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Actually, my CI already said that the fact that I was awarded the scholarship once, would probably improve my chances of getting it a second time. So I doubt there are any rules against it. I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to go about re-applying, if my account already has my previous info saved and uneditable. 

• New Members

Hi there  :D

People.. I really need your help. I want to apply for CIS (one year programe). Unfortunatly my HSK and HSKK is invalid (i passed this two exams 2 years ago). Last year I've been in China. I got one-semester scholarship (they got me a certificate). How do you think: Can I apply for scholarship with this certificate?

Thanks @Andy B! And to answer your question, HSK scores are only valid for entry into Chinese universities for up to 2 years. So, If you took the exam 2 years ago, it's possible that it's been too long, and you will need to retake the exams. 

hi guys, im new to this,

few days ago i just submitted my registration form, and now my status is:

申请进度:已确认

接收院校:首都师范大学

I've read really helpful things from this forum, but in case I missed something, I wanna ask you guys based on ur experience, how long do I have to wait for this status to change? and when I've been accepted by the Capital Normal University what will the status be?

and is it ok to email the university if I have something to ask about this scholarship just because I really want to go to that uni?

please reply and thankyouu  :D  

Hello, is there anyone who could help me with my application statement (must be written in chinese 200-800) characters. ATM, I'm not that fluent in chinese and I don't want to lower the chances of my application by writing some incorrect collocations. I'd like to apply for the four week scholarship (summer one) to push my chinese forward, and in future I might go for some longer one (I mean the one year scholarship). Cheers! 

@stef1992 c&p from the application form I received.

"4.汉办对符合条件者进行综合评审,择优录取。评审结果一般在申请材料确认有效后45个工作日内发布。

4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid.

5.接收院校与学生确认留学意向后,须在15个工作日内将《录取通知书》、《外国留学人员来华签证申请表》(JW202表)和奖学金证书复印件等寄达推荐机构。

5. After confirming with the successful applicants, host institutions are required to post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China” (JW202 Form), copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to the recommending institutions within 15 working days."

@semlinho there is an irony with the application process, in that all of us are trying to get to China to improve our Chinese, but the thing has to be written in fluent Chinese. Due to it being exam preparation time, I found it easy to extract favours from Chinese students on www.italki.com if you're prepared to reciprocate on corrections and conversation practice.

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum. I will apply soon to a CI scholarship for a semester, starting in September.

I also have to write this motivation letter and I agree with Baihua. It is difficult to write in Chinese if you have just started to learn the language and want to go to China to improve it.

I would like to know if you have tips about what should be written based on past experiences (apart from the obvious like loving the language and the culture, wishing to improve, etc.). Do you need a long presentation of yourself for instance?

Thanks for the tips

@baihua so now i'm just going to the 4th stage is that right? how long will it take exactly? i've got two friends from two different university that submitted 2 days earlier from me and their status has changed to "to be admitted" but mine still 已确认 should i be worried?  :(

@pho well i guess that depends on what scholarship you're applying to, if it's for the example the one-student-year scholarship, it requires you to have at least 180 on your HSK 3, which contains if im not mistaken 600 vocabs, so write the motivation letter with those 600 vocabs is clearly enough. 

and i think you'll have to write about how you love chinese language or culture, the limit is 800 words, which isn't really a lot, so make sure you make it count. however i still dunno about my application, but we have to keep the spirit and hope for the best! Wish us luck!

@stef1992 I’m yet to send my application in. I was waiting on my transcript and reference. Hopefully by this week it will be sent.

@pho It was suggested to me to cover the statement via

Educational background

Your study plan

Your study goals

Good luck everyone!

@stef1992 and @baihua thanks for the advice. Well my CI just told me I could write it in English too, maybe because I have only just done my HSK2.

My first choice will be Shanghai Jiaotong. I don't know what to choose for my second choice, another less known Shanghai Uni or another city. Any suggestions?

@pho I would recommend your first pick is also an unknown one, getting in Jiaotong seems pretty hard. Are you interested in what the university has to offer apart from languages?

By the way, I logged in to suggest that we make a table with the possible application status updates. Such as the previous comment with 已确认 (already accepted) or the one I got right now, 推荐机构择优确认中 (Pending of recommending institution's approval, as far as my Chinese goes).

Hello guys!!

1)Is someone applying for the one academic year study program but starting from March? (Spring semester)

2)Is someone trying to get into Peking University? It is true that we have also to register at their webpage and submit our request there? + mailing them another list of documents? Will let the link here, check the part "application procedure for Confucius Institute Scholarship " http://www.isd.pku.edu.cn/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=96&id=258

4) The Confucius Institute of my University suggested us (me and my classmates) to put the "BLCU" as a first option since it is the partner university, they said that If I put it as a second choice... It is not sure weather they will accept me or not... (According to them there have been cases of students putting other universities as first option and BLCU as second one, and being rejected by the first option and BLCU as well, being a "partner" university)  But If I put it as first option then there is a 99% of probability that they will do accept me....  Don't know what should I do... Cause I would prefer to go to another university(not necessarily Beida) than BLCU... but they are actually indirectly "forcing" us to put BLCU as a the first option.. 

@pho since you were planning to go to china to learn chinese, i guess you gotta consider about the dialects, because some places like in the southern, i heard that they don't speak much standard chinese 普通话, i think that's the most important factor to me, because learning language is actually about getting used to hear and speak in that language, but i don't know either, i haven't go there  :lol:

@houshinoumi that really is a good idea, since lots of ppl feel like worrying all the time, let's make one :mrgreen:

Hi everyone!

I would like to apply for scholarship for one semester. To fill in the application form I have to provide Business Contacts in China or guardian (在华事务联系人或监护人), but I have no business contacts or relatives in China... Whom can I put there then? Maybe somebody knows... your help will be appreciated ^.^