Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Good news about the missing signatures. If you request a print on the last page of the application (referee), you can see in a new window your application filled in and the signatures and dates are there. Therefore I suppose it is just a technical issue with the referee page. I hope the universities see the complete version though.

@ChenJiaZe: That's usually the case with partner universities. Ours reply within the week, but SJTU is much faster!

@pho: You can try e-mailing them, but if they don't respond, don't follow up anymore. They may have specific instructions of what kind of students to prioritize, and they don't want to be the one to let you down. If ECNU doesn't accept you, Hanban will just send you somewhere else, and it won't be that bad.

@carin0227

你的申请进度变成《奖学金资格评审中- 授予奖学金》了吗? 这样的话你在两三周内会收到你的《录取通知书》和《外国留学人员来华签证申请表》(JW202表)了。你想确认的话,就与你们的孔院联系吧。

Regarding Signatures from Recommending Institutes:

As I mentioned in this post, the CI will affix that digitally from our side. It's actually a mistake on Scholarship Application website where it seems to ask for the signature. Maybe that's because the programmers were lazy and just directly converted the old handwritten scholarship application form into a website. So no, you don't have to upload you CI Director's signature. You don't have to print out your form and have them sign it. We will digitally attach it once we finish checking (确认stage) it.

• Like 1

@crisgee I don't know what we would do if we didn't have you here! How long should I wait for my 确认 status to change (got it on may 5th)? When is it reasonable to mail the university? I don't want to push them.

Thanks again!!

@ Crisgee. Thanks. I emailed them last Thursday just to ask if they don't need more details (I was afraid they could not see my application after reading horror stories on the forum). So far no reply so I won't insist. How about a phone call to the International Student Office? Will it be viewed as normal or bad behaviour in chinese eyes?

I am an eighteen years old girl so going to Shanghai is already a big step (hence the choices of SJTU and ECNU). Going somewhere else in China will be an even bigger adventure for me and given a choice I would rather get a scholarship in Shanghai. That is why waiting for the ECNU reply is quite stressful :mrgreen: !

Hello, can someone please help me with this? I don't understand what that means...

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回
(意见:请申请者完善申请表中全部内容,不要有空白,如宗教等,确实无此类情况,请填写“无”。)

Hi everybody,in 在cis.chinese.cn my status was 申请进度: 1)“ 推荐机构择优确认中" then changes 2)已确认 ! And right now 推荐机构择优确认中" 。what is it mean?maybe CI in my country not recommend me?( sorry my English not good)! 

@bakirova23 Is that even possible? D:

@ChenJiaZe After almost three weeks my status finally changed to "已确认" Now I have my fingers crossed and hope for the best :D

@hoshinoumi

According to the CIS website, after the CI recommends an applicant, the result (whether you get the scholarship or not) should come out in 45 days. I can't really say how fast the status should change because it really varies. As you can see in the other posts, applications to partner universities tend to be processed quickly, while other applications get passed around. So if after 45 days nothing happens, follow up with your CI.

@pho

I think it's okay, but I'm not sure if the International Student's Office will even know what to do. If you can figure out who in ECNU receives the applications, call them once, then just wait for their decision. Hanban can send you to another university in Shanghai and not necessarily in another city. Universities like Shanghai International Studies University, Tongji University, or Shanghai Normal University come to mind.

@maurice501

Baihua is correct. Don't leave any blanks. If something is not applicable, type "无 ".

@ChenJiaZe. Could you please tell me the exact date you submitted your application for SJTU (the one at the end of your online application)?

I submitted mine on Saturday 7th of May. SJTU is my first choice and they don't seem to have seen my application at all. The deadline was apparently the 8th (and not the official 12th) so I wonder if they ever received it. Indeed, if it was forwarded to SJTU only on Monday 9th it would have been too late for them and the application might have been immediately directed to my second choice uni (that is what I noticed on Monday in my status i.e. it was moved to my second choice).

Yuhu!! My status finally changed to “接收院校审核中”- 预录取

(意见:该生身份属实,材料齐全,同意录取)

12 days after I got 已确认

@pho I submitted my application on the 8th, but it got rejected because I had blank spaces in the application. Then I got it fixed and submitted it again on the 10th of May. My application was prioritised though, thanks to my director at my CI. Quite fortunate. I didn't know the deadline was the 8th though. Where did you hear this? 

It is probably a good idea to be prepared to be accepted by either your 2nd choice university or the university which Hanban will put you in.

@foreign2u Sounds good! Let's wait for the good news =)

@hoshinoumi Congratulations! Must have been quite a nervous 12 day wait!!

@ChenJiaZe. Thanks.

I sent an email last Thursday to SJTU because I was surprised to be moved so quickly to my second choice uni just a day after submission and with no mention of being rejected by my first choice. I got a reply this morning mentioning this deadline which surprised me as the official one stated by my CI was Tuesday 12th. Hence my question.

SJTU stated that they could not see my application which is normal because it is now officially in the hands of my second choice ECNU.  They assumed that I had missed this 8th May deadline and thought that SJTU was my second choice! However, I had given them my cis status number in my first email therefore I am surprised they could not find me on their list of first choice candidates. I just wonder if they have seen my application at all. 

Otherwise I don't mind going to ECNU but I'd rather stay in Shanghai for a first stay in China.

Hello everyone,

My question will sound a little silly maybe, but I am really confused about it.

I'm currently finishing my Bachelor's in Lyon, I studied English and Chinese. I'd like to spend the next spring semester in China to work on my Chinese (I passed HSK 3 and HSKK Beginner). My problem is that there is no CI in Lyon,thus I am not enrolled at any CI. Is It a problem? Should I just contact any CI and ask them for help? Is it possible to reccommend someone even they are not really enrolled at the CI?

Does anyone know what this means? Does that mean BLCU accepted me, but now I have to wait for Hanban to accept me? :)

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取 
(意见:经综合考察,同时考虑区域平衡等问题,我校同意录取该生)
接收院校:北京语言大学