Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

I would like to apply for scholarship for one semester. To fill in the application form I have to provide Business Contacts in China or guardian (在华事务联系人或监护人)but I have no business contacts or relatives in China... Whom can I put there then? Maybe somebody knows... your help will be appreciated ^.^

My CI told me to put the person in charge of international office of my first university choice, which I found in the list of host universities provided in the website of the scholarship.In the list, if you click on your choice university, you will see its contact details. 

• Like 1

My CI told me to put the person in charge of international office of my first university choice, which I found in the list of host universities provided in the website of the scholarship.In the list, if you click on your choice university, you will see its contact details. 

Thank you  :D my CI told me to write them and ask, which I did, so waiting for the reply... Will post it here as well, as soon as will get one. May be someone else has the same issue.

Thank you   :D my CI told me to write them and ask, which I did, so waiting for the reply... Will post it here as well, as soon as will get one. May be someone else has the same issue.

Yes, please! Post the reply you get here! :)

I got a reply from them, but it didn't really help  :lol:

您的《在华事务联系人或监护人》(名称,电话,邮件,地址,手机)需要填写您的家人或者朋友,学校不可以作为您申请期间的在华事物联系人,很抱歉。

my CI basically said that this is nonsense and gave me the same advise as @SantiL91 previously:

to put the person in charge of international office of my first university choice, which I found in the list of host universities provided in the website of the scholarship.In the list, if you click on your choice university, you will see its contact details.

I have found the last field that causes questions...

It is in 教育背景/Education background tab and has to do with 所获证书 / Diploma field in this table where you mention your university... Do they need a grade there or what? Somebody knows? 

@SantiL91 My CI also told me to do that but it's still missing the 手机 number so I contacted the university and got the same reply as @Dianka 

I think it's better to follow what our CI says I guess~

@Alisluvs BLCU is your partner university? ugh you're so lucky! That's my first option :) That means your university can give you the complete information of your "Business Contacts in China or guardian" including cell phone number right? Could you provide it to me? That's the only thing I still need to fill in T_T Thank you!

@foreigner2u Sure I will ask tomorrow morning, probably I will put BLCU as first as well! 

by the way: are you from Peru like your locations says? I'm from Ecuador :D! ( but living in Italy now)

@Alisluvs yay! Thanks for the help :) I bet your university has the complete information about the guardian in China from BLCU ^^ Let me know :)

OMG you're from Ecuador? that's great! I really hope we both get into BLCU then :D It'll be awesome to have a latino 朋友 to talk to ^^ Although I'm applying for a one year scholarship but starting in September :P 

My CI told me the contact details are not important. The chances of most foreigners knowing Chinese people are slim.

Has anyone had a response? Does anyone know how long we should expect to wait for a decision?

By the way, I logged in to suggest that we make a table with the possible application status updates. Such as the previous comment with 已确认 (already accepted) or the one I got right now, 推荐机构择优确认中 (Pending of recommending institution's approval, as far as my Chinese goes).

I totally agree with @hoshinoumi :D This will help us know how the application process is doing. How do we start?

Thanks for the info @Alisluvs ^^ now I'm ready to submit it yay!

@baihua My CI hasn't even recommended me yet so I'm in this first stage "推荐机构择优确认中" Still have a long way to go hehe

@Dianka Since I haven't finished my university studies yet my CI told me to upload a 在读证明 which is a document from my university saying that I'm currently studying. It's like a study proof.

@all. I'm new here. Nice joining this forum.

I applied for this year's Confucius Institute scholarship and my status has gone thru a few stages and finally showing this now:

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金

(意见:孔子学院总部同意授予“一学年+汉语国际教育专业硕士”奖学金。)

I can understand that I have been awarded 1year + 2 years MTCSOL.

My worry now is the next step from here. I am calling on members who have experienced this to inform me on what I should do next or what I should expect now. I want to wait with clues. @crisgee pls help.

Do you really need to be with a Confucius Institute to apply for this scholarship? One of the eligibility criteria stating to whom the scholarship is open to is simply "and excellent performers in HSK test." So if you've done a lot of self study, register yourself into an official HSK3 and HSKK exam, and do very well, you should be able to get a scholarship for a one-year academic study without being a student of a Confucius Institute.

For the one-year category, it says international students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. This worries me a bit. Will my application be deemed ineligible if I am studying at a private Chinese language school? Until when could I stay at the private language school

My desire is to finish the first year of my (non-related) degree in my home country, go to a private school in China to study Chinese intensively, sit the HSK3 and the HSKK test and apply for the Hanban Scholarship one-year category in March, all while staying in China, and then return to continue my degree in 2018. In reality would I be able to do this and not worry about that small point, perhaps by applying for a lesser university for the scholarship or providing my home country address details, or should I return to my home country for a short while between the private school Chinese studies and the university Chinese studies?

Since the visa application will be tied to the private school's government certificate, I can imagine that the scholarship committee would be able to check up whether I am registered with a school to be studying, and if the date range I am registered for falls within their criteria, I could be deemed ineligible. Or not?

An important question is what would that date be? Until when could I stay in the private Chinese course without my application being deemed ineligible?

Would I need to have left China before I submit my application or just before the university courses start?

@Emotionless, thanks, I'd totally not connected that it was a festive holiday and that might hold-up responses.

Strange, as I have HSK 4 results due to be released tomorrow, should I expect this to not happen? We will see...

@LinZhenPu, you don't *need* a CI to be connected with your application, its just CI's tend to have links with one of the listed Universities and they can particularly help you with criterion, the application process and usually earmark you to their colleagues, if you choose to apply to their university. As you can imagine their references and having good results are gold standard.

I have HSK 4 and want to apply for four-week scholarship. I am interested BLCU. What do you think, do I have chance to get it? Is HSK 4 too high level for this summer program, will they reject me? Do you know somebody who has HSK 4 and had experience with this?

I totally agree with @hoshinoumi  :D This will help us know how the application process is doing. How do we start?

@foreigner2u I have started a new topic in this sub-forum, so go ahead and start posting updates so that we can create a nice database!

Any idea what this status update is about??'

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 退回院校 
(意见:经研究,为保证录取学生质量,提高录取效率,请各相关院校本着质量优先、国别平衡原则,重新预录取。)

Thank you