Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

• New Members

Hi everybody,in 在cis.chinese.cn my status was 申请进度: 1)“ 推荐机构择优确认中" then changes 2)已确认 ! And right now 推荐机构择优确认中" 。what is it mean?maybe CI in my country not recommend me?( sorry my English not good)!

@LinZhenPu

Who have to look at my application in order to change my status? Someone from my CI or someone from hanban? When the CI recommend you, have you seen any changes in your status? Or need to wait hanban approve it? After the head of my CI recommend me, he ask me to check it, I don't know how replay if my status is still the same.

It would be someone from Hanban. They're the ones who give out the scholarships, not the Confucius Institutes. The CIs only recommend students, they're not even strictly necessary to get a scholarship.

It's only been one day since your CI uploaded their signatures, give it a couple of days at least before starting to worry.

Hi everybody,in 在cis.chinese.cn my status was 申请进度: 1)“ 推荐机构择优确认中" then changes 2)已确认 ! And right now 推荐机构择优确认中" 。what is it mean?maybe CI in my country not recommend me?( sorry my English not good)!

It means your desired university is evaluating your application. Be patient.

Hello. My status is still the same since Monday:“接收院校审核中” (意见:建议第二志愿院校录取)

I know we have to be patient but seeing how quickly status changes for others I start to be worried.

First because I haven't seen any mention of the rejection from my first choice on the status. I submitted my application on Saturday. I looked at my status on Sunday but can't really remember if my first choice was mentionned. Next thing I know is that on Monday I seem to have been moved to my second choice. Was my application even submitted to my first choice?

I remember reading on the forum a problem with a second choice uni which could not see an application because the first uni did not officially rejected it. I wonder if the same happens with my application. I have emailed them but still no reply.

Also first choices have obviously priority over second choices so I wonder what are my chances now with ECNU.

Anyone having been moved to its second choice uni?

Do you guys know how long does it usually take to go from 已确认 to the "接收院校审核中" series? My friend and I got 已确认 on may the 5th and his uni already started to look at his papers.

• New Members

Hi everybody! I finally signed up this forum. I'm applying one year scholarship.

My status is now 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取 (意见:拟录取。) I think it took over two weeks from 已确认 to my current status. It's so frustrating to wait!

I think patience is the key here. I am pretty sure there are some key dates on when the notifications will change. What I found most useful though was ensuring that everything in the application is correct and that all the necessary files are uploaded correctly. I remember doing my application and checking it so many times before having it submitted to the CI to check. It was a little stressful but worthwhile in the end. 

Hopefully, it will be good news for everyone. Patience =)

• Like 1

I think it took over two weeks from 已确认 to my current status. It's so frustrating to wait!

Thanks for the info! Once you get 预录取 everything should be smooth and easy.

@hoshinoumi:

That is very reassuring to hear actually haha.

@foreigner2u:

Have you talked to your CI about this yet? They are the ones who will check the application thouroughly and then approve it. Maybe they are carefully checking to ensure there are no mistakes. Once the approve, I think it should change from 推荐机构择优确认中 to 已确认.

@ChenJiaZe: 

Is Shanghai JIaotong Univesity your CI's partner? That is indeed very fast!

@stef1992

The school should either send the Admission Notice and JW202 (or JW201) Form to your mailing address or your CI. It depends on the university. But as you've mentioned in the other thread that you're application is not connected to a CI. I don't know how your arrangement will be. You better ask those teachers in China.

Indeed Shanghai JIaotong University seems to reply very fast! In my case, just a day after submission I was rejected despite the Uni being my CI's partner.. Maybe it has to do with these deadlines no longer existing and I submitted too late.

@ Crisgee. Good evening. Any advice about my previous post regarding reaching the second choice uni (East China Normal University)? My CI told my that they should see my application if the name of the Uni is mentioned- that was one of my worry-. Fine but now I wonder if I am not at the back of the queue because East China Normal University was my second choice. Anything I can do to help my application?

@crisgee

Good evening from Australia. Yes, my CI is partnered with Shanghai Jiaotong University. I was actually quite surprised that they replied so fast. I did not expect them to be so quick.

@pho

When did you submit your application?

Hello everybody. Thank you so much for such a helpful page! So many useful comments here. I would like to describe you my current situation, my status is 推荐机构择优确认中 so I assume it means that I'm waiting for my CI headmaster signature? CI headmaster said he already put his signature but the point is there is no signature at the website. In the "referee" page I can see only my own signature, there is no signature of CI headmaster. What should I do? Thanks for the reply!

Once the approve, I think it should change from 推荐机构择优确认中 to 已确认.

Mine went from 推荐机构择优确认中 to  已确认 back to 推荐机构择优确认中. I submitted it (I think) on 22/04/2016, but there were problems with one document and one piece of information, which I think I resolved a week or more ago.

Feels like a long wait  :conf

so I assume it means that I'm waiting for my CI headmaster signature? CI headmaster said he already put his signature but the point is there is no signature at the website.

I'm also confused by this situation.