Chinese-Forums

August Upgrade

roddy

You can always just hit the 'more reply options' button to get to the actual reply screen. Or is that one also smaller?

The quote button - every time I upgrade I leave it there a little while, and before long we're seeing massive long quotes for tiny short replies. I fear it is not long for this world . . .

I'm going to be sitting here working through a list of (15, so far) things to do - any more requests?

The only issue I've encountered is that when opening up a thread, it no longer takes me to the first unread post.

If you're on the New Posts screen, the folder icon to the left of the topic title should work. Although how you're meant to know that, I'm not so sure . .Same icon appears on forums listings when there are new posts in a topic.

I think it looks good, but I don't see the "number of replies" for the topics shown on the home page. If I have nothing to add to a topic I will skip over it unless there are some replies I can read, but now I can't tell. Or am I just not seeing it??

Could you (or anyone) have a look now - there's a line at the bottom telling you how many replies, and the name and time of the latest one. That what you were looking for? The title takes you to the start of the topic, the replies link to unread posts.

Have added a bit of info on options and usage for the New and Followed views to the relevant pages.

Chinese fonts issue is (looks heavenwards) fixed - Firefox issue only, it seems.

New and Followed tabs have been moved.

Quote buttons have been, yet again, killed.

• Like 1

f you're on the New Posts screen, the folder icon to the left of the topic title should work. Although how you're meant to know that, I'm not so sure . .Same icon appears on forums listings when there are new posts in a topic.

I'll try that next.

In the previous version, on the New Posts screen, clicking on the thread title brought you to the first new post. I think that's much better.

Also, I see that the new system gets a PM if you get quoted. I would suggest you disable that by default.

Quote buttons have been, yet again, killed.

DOH! Nevermind.... It's your fault, Lu, for reminding roddy :wink:

Those notifications of a post being quoted are probably a moot point now that the quote buttons have gone. They might still happen if someone specifies someone's name in the quote tag

[ quote name=like this]
but that doesn't happen that often, and you can always change your settings (see options from the notification drop-down).

Surprised there haven't been more complaints about the rich text editor, it irritated me at first. More used to it now though.

How on earth do you people cope with Google and its white background,

I'll spend maybe 20-30 seconds at any one time going through Google search results. Haha, it doesn't even begin to compare with the amount of time I spend reading the forums :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Surprised there haven't been more complaints about the rich text editor, it irritated me at first.

I've been using the rich text editor for months; what's so new about it? Although the emotion palette is gone from the right.

There's only the one officially-provided and supported skin, and I guess also the mobile one counts. There are a ton of third-party options, free and paid.

Do you have any links to examples of the free ones that we could have a look at and suggest?

This is great. The New Content filter options are a wonderful addition (or if they were there previously, I never noticed them). The way the pagination used to work drove me nuts -- clicking on anything would cause all the rest of the results to shift over when switching results pages, so I'd always miss new content unless I worked backward from the last page. The "New since my last visit" now retains the proper order but whites out newly visited topics. Thanks!

• Like 1

I have problems viewing the site on an iPad. Specifically, when you use the search bar it is supposed to pop up a google search results dialog. This sorta works, but the dialog doesn't seem to contain any entries, and the left side of it ends up offscreen.

Also, was there any point at which you were able to make private blogs? I see a select box for "Blog View Permissions" but the only option is Public.

With the mobile version of the site, clicking on a post in the "new posts since last visit" section takes you to the beginning of the thread rather than the last unread post in the thread (seemingly regardless of where you click - left star, middle link or right arrow). Most frustrating.

Will get to that =*

We need a smilies cull, far too many.

Am getting through a list of things to do, have also got some actual work on. Lots of posts yesterday, so guess we haven't blinded too many people.

Although the emotion palette is gone from the right.

Click on the one on the editor toolbar and they appear at the bottom. Also I don't *think* the rich text editor was default before - now it's pretty much the only option.

Do you have any links to examples of the free ones that we could have a look at and suggest?

Oh noes, iz ur Gugle brok? There's no way I'm installing a whole new skin, I can barely keep up with one. Possible would be a second CSS sheet with some minor changes (we used to do that for font-size, you might recall). Was something annoying you?

Zhwj, I am glad you like it. I live to serve.

iPad issues - don't have an iPad for testing - I've let the developer of that plug-in know, and . . . actually feihong, you've heard enough 'I'll try and fix its' the last few days, I'll save you another :cry:

Also, was there any point at which you were able to make private blogs?

No, although I could turn them on if there's a need. At the moment you could just have a blog with draft entries - admin members may stumble across them though.

Imron, that mobile skin issue should be fixed now - seems to be working for me anyway, please test. That was bugging me too so it got priority. :mrgreen:

Mobile problem now seems to be working, thanks =* .

Oh noes, iz ur Gugle brok?

Yes. :tong It keeps showing me ones for older versions.

Was something annoying you?
I'm sure there was something, but I can't quite recall at the moment. It's this overbright background you see, it's causing my mind to function at an even lower capacity than usual.