Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua University Accommodation

roddy

• New Members

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet all of you ! I will enroll in tsinghua this fall,and have an accomendation problem too.

The schcool told me that they have already reserved my dorm since I am a CSC schoolarship recipient.However I have no clue where my dorm is and when can I check in. Is there any former CSC schoolarship recipient care to give me a heads up?

I haven't consider about moving off the campus is due to commuting issues. I had the luck of getting on subway and buses during rush hours. My thought afterward:Do not get on any public transits at that time. Ppl are literally crushing on you.Just when you think you are squished enough, another stop brings another crushing wave. Everyone is pressed against each other.You can even smell their sweat and breath :( I am pretty proud of myself for not throwing up during the ride. lol

• New Members

Valeria: Have you got any answer yet? I booked a doble-room last night (swedish time) and I'd also wan't to subscribe to the waiting list. Last I've talked to gaopei@.... they didn't have any waiting list.

Keep in touch!

yes they don't have ant waiting list this year. crashbandicot you've been lucky, I dindn't reserve anything since the booking page was stuck and never came up with the booking grid...I'm quite pissed :-? I'll look for an apt at my arrival, hope to find smth close to the campus.

• New Members

Valeria: I don't know yet if I'm considered as lucky or not, due to what I've read about the dorms. I've also been talking to iscbeijing.com, who have rooms left. It looks nice and fresh, and the pricing is like Zijing. I'm still consider living there because of the standard of the room.

• New Members

the room in Tsinghua is quite clean and also have sequence time of Cleaning service by the office lady/ office boy. really interesting.

Actually i will attend chinese language program at Tsinghua, and many of post that told me about zijing apartment, and in general zijing apartment is really nice place for live a while

today I went to the zijing building's desk to ask whether they have a free room for my girlfriend and they said ALL rooms are booked since last friday.

If you live on or off campus u have to buy a bike anyway because it's a huge campus (unless u really love walking)

I've contacted Beijing Buddy before coming to Beijing, they've been really helpful, friendly and last but not least...free :) ( http://www.beijingbuddy.com/)

I went with a chinese girl in an agency just across the street from Qinghua, they let me see 5 apartments and in the end I chose a 2700 yuan/month room in a really big apt on the 20th floor...hope the elevator will never break! :lol: