Chinese-Forums

Beijing Foreign Studies University

roddy

So, I got answered by Beiwai. The academic calendar won't be ready untill the beginning of the Fall semester. Does anyone from previous courses know when the finals period is? Got friends visiting me around Christmas and would be nice to know if I will be able to spend time with them or if my Christmas companion will be books and notes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i remember having exams exactly during the xmas days - happens in chinese universities but depends on the calendar each academic year, and even each university may schedule it a little differently... the exact exam dates are often NOT set at the beginning of the academit cear, but only during the year, usually about 1 month before the exams, so you'll have to play by ear for that one!  good luck! beiwai is a great place btw!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I'm very interested in applying to BFSU for International business. I had a question regarding my previous college history. I have an associate's degree worth of credits (about 64), all in pursuit of international business in Bachelor's (so the classes were all basic education and business). Would those transfer to BFSU? Has anyone had any experience transferring classes and credits to BFSU? Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone!

I am currently living and working in Hong Kong and I am trying to learn mandarin by myself. However, since it seems difficult to learn here (most of people speak Cantonese and classes are quite expensive) I have decided to move to China to further study mandarin.

I am very serious about learning Mandarin and after all the posts I have read, it seems Beijing is the best place for learning. However, pollution is really an issue for me. I do not want to sacrifice my health to learn a language. Having said this, I would really appreciate if anyone who is studying/working in Beijing could tell me a little bit more about the air and pollution in Beijing. Is it that bad? I intend to stay for 1 to 2 years.

Thanks to you all for your help in advance. 

People say Shenzhen has very standard Mandarin & it's a lot closer to what you're used to (in weather and pollution).

Aside from that some coastal cities from Shandong round to Jilin (certainly Qingdao, Yantai, Weihai, Dalian, maybe Qinhuangdao, Jinzhou) should be relatively un-polluted &  have plenty of people who can speak standard Mandarin when they feel like it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To echo what @jobm asked almost a year ago:

Hello guys~ Do you have any information about their advanced Chinese language classes?  :D What books do they use and how high can you reach in studying Chinese in this university?  :D

I'm very curious about people's experience while studying Chinese here. How were the teachers? What was the teaching style like? What books did you use? Were you able to find a tutor?

I'm particularly interested in the high-level classes. *Edit* But would welcome any information you have. It doesn't seem anyone has talked about instruction quality in this thread, yet.

• 4 months later...

Dear all, 

I saw a program advertised on CUCAS for studying Chinese at BFSU for 8 weeks from middle of May to middle of July 2017. (http://school.cucas.edu.cn/Beijing-Foreign-Studies-University-206/program/Spring-Short-Term-Intensive-Class-35363.html)

Does anyone know whether this 8 week program will be separate from the semester long programs or they would throw us in with the semester long students?

Do you think there would be advanced class open for the 8 week program? (i have already reached an advanced level and study in China before so looking for an advanced Chinese course but I'm busy till end of April)