Chinese-Forums

The Song Identification Topic

Gymnosopher

Hey All,

So I never guessed I'd be in this position but I heard a song playing in the background in a shop earlier and now want to track it down...

The scene - me being a good Chinese and having some chips in KFC on Christmas Eve, doing some flashcards on my ipod.

The song? Well when it came on I got all excited that it was Matisyahu - but then oddly enough it was all in Chinese. I don't know which song it was but I'm 99% sure it was a Matisyahu tune from the album Light (and don't think it was too fast or with a heavy bass line)... It wasn't so loud, I double took, strained my ears to see if it was Chinese or just quiet and again, 99% sure it was.

Don't know if that's more cryptic than the other posts asking for a tune that goes like da da di daaa but hey, it's bugging me and I thought in your infinite wisdom the mass of bodies that is Chinese-forums might know.

Thanks, you could make my Christmas!

• Like 1

Hey semantic nuance,

You know, I did want to specify the song, but perhaps I relaxed a little too much when listening over my copy of the album and couldn't recall which it was - too much noise confusing my thoughts? I know that if I suggest one it'll just be a punt (kinda makes it sound like it could be another artist completely...) so even though people could listen to that and see if they know it it might just cut off chances of people knowing it.

Perhaps it helps to say that I recognised it from the very start, like first 5-10 seconds even? I really can't place.

I also wonder whether if an artist had been doing covers they'd just do one or more? So this way there could be a whole album out there somewhere! Alas, my Chinese level isn't good enough to go out and find this on google - I just keep finding Matisyahu's advice that if you're Jewish you could spend Christmas in a Chinese restaurant.. At least I'll be keeping in line with that advice this year!

Imho this is his best album, and it is full of gems. Though thinking this earlier I thought it might come across as arrogant (as a fan) to say that I don't think anyone would waste time listening to some of his music! It is very different and interesting, stands apart from anything else I listen to. I'm glad you like it too :)

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this song a while back when I was in Beijing. I really have no idea what they are saying, and it doesn't really sound like 普通话. It has all these african sounding beats-a friend of mine said it sounded like a 少数民族歌.

All it sounds like that are saying is "加那州, 家那州“。 And then something like, "我是谁, 谁是我” but i tried to search this and come up with dead ends.

A friend said the song sounded like that one song "酒干倘卖哦“。 Which to me, it sounds nothing like, though I do love that song too.

I know this is vauge, but i hope someone knows what it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

hi ^^

I have been trying to find out what the name of this song is.. or the artist but all my erffort didn't bring any results so I hope that someone can help me here.

I uploaded the song on youtube:

http://www.youtube.c...b2fAUAAAAAAAAAA

and mediafire:

http://www.mediafire...wem17s611uahh68

the thing is..my mother took some songs she liked fromvarious CDs at home and burned them onto one CD..now I can hear the songs but when I open them they are all called track 01...etc -.-

if someone would help me it would be really great :)

That is definitely JJ Lin (林俊杰). I know that voice anywhere! But I'm afraid I haven't head this song before therefore I don't know the title...

EDIT: I found it!!! :) Yes, it's by JJ Lin (林俊杰) and it's called 不死之身 Bù Sǐ Zhī Shēn (Immortality/Eternal Life).

Got any more you need help with? Thanks for sharing, I like this song. ^^

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi all

Yesterday I watched AlJazeeras 101 East program about rich Chinese (which might interest some of you). In the beginning they play a pop song that I'd love to identify.

Does anyone recognize it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-3TDRqzsM#t=35s (this is the full episode, so do watch it if interested).

Thanks in advance