Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 American/EU Applicants

Brian US

thank you for your replies..already helped me a lot.

only one question left.. if i get chosen for a scholarship and travel to china, do i need to show them the x-ray reports and the other tests ?

Because my local doctor cant do x-rays in his office.. so if it´s really necessary, i would directly go to a hospital for the examination^^

@kato81

The only way to know is to contact the Chinese embassy in your home country and ask. I know this is very difficult, but if the application requires a x-ray and you don't provide it, it may be viewed as incomplete.

@kato81:

If I were you, I go out of my way and get the x-ray done now, because you might need it at one of these three points: A) sending your app to the embassy/CSC/Confucius institute, B) applying for a visa to enter China, or C) when you register for the school in China.

Might as well get the x-ray now and make sure you don't encounter a problem later.

@kato81

The csc.edu.cn website states you only send photocopy of Foreigner Examination Form, if you don't produce originals when in China you will need to retake medical.

My doctor just wrote normal in the Xray box, I will do a full medical in China if I every get there, said he will not send me for an Xray as I would need another one when I get to China as it would be over 6 months after signing the medical form (read somewhere the medical is only valid for 6 months).

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I received a questionaire in mid-to-late May, then the result (wasn't accepted) on July 18th. I'm American and applied to the embassy in Washington DC. I've never called the embassy.

I applied again this year for the language scholarship, so I'll post here once they send me something.

I have a question.

I know universities can forward a recommendation to the CSC after being *accepted* to a university you apply to (as stated on uni websites).

HOWEVER, right now it's March 3rd, and the deadline is basically March 15th, and I haven't applied to any universities. I'm assuming it's too late to apply to the universities I'd like to attend (Zhejiang, Tsinghua), and then send in my CGS scholarship forms with the acceptance letters.

Now, for the online and physical CGS forms, would I simply put those two univerisites in my #1 and #2 spots and hope for the best? Because basically at this point, the only option seems to send JUST the CGS application to the Chinese Embassy and hope for the best, true?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also,

the dealines of March 15th and April 30th, are those for the Online CGS applications, or does the Beijing Office need a physical copy of the CGS application and all documents by March 15th and/or April 30th?

For instance, I have a friend in Zhejiang who would be able to get a letter from a professor on my behalf to use in the CGS application, but I fear at this point it would be far too late to have them send it to me in the US, only to have me send it to the Chinese Embassy, then have them send it back to the CSC...

Last question, I'm sorry for this triple-post bonanza:

When applying to certain schools which only offer Master or Doctorate programs, can you still apply as a Chinese Language Student and hope to learn Chinese for 1-2 years?

On the CSC website, it lists colleges that are under the CGS scholarship program, but when looking at the available programs, none offer a "language program"....

Is there any way to still attend those colleges?

Hi everyone, I have just started filling my application literally today. Hopefully will be able to send it out on time given the amount of paperwork. I read quite a few posts on this forum claiming that you have to contact your local Chinese embassy or even send out documents there - can someone explain me why would you need to do that? From what I understand (after a careful reading of the whole application process and etc.) , EU applicants have to 1) fill in application ONLINE and then 2) send it out to the address given in Brussels. Have I misunderstood/missed anything?! Please let me know if I am wrong, thanks!

@shikeqi

No, you didn't miss anything. If you apply for the EU Window, your "local" Chinese embassy is the one in Brussels, because it is your sending institution. All you have to do is to fill and submit the application online, copy the necessary documents needed for the application, and send those to Brussels. After that, you just have to wait until July for the results!

Yep just like ZhangKaiRong just said. You submit (post or by hand) your docs. to the China delegation to the EU. I live in Brussels so met Mr. Chen Gong - the officer in charge of CSC scholarship apps. at the embassy - to hand the application to him. So if you live in Brussels that is another option.

Thanks everyone for a prompt response. I mainly got confused due to the info on this website http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2049 stating that "Applicants shall apply to the Chinese Embassies in their home countries between January and April, 2013" and then a couple of posts here... Unfortunately, I don't live in Brussels so I could not hand it in personally but I will try to collect all the necessary docs by the end of next week and send it out.

Thanks a lot.