Chinese-Forums

Occupy Central 佔領中環

skylee

HK Government tells staff to leave Tamar (ie Government HQ) by 6PM today.

政 府 通 知 政 總 工 作 公 務 員 下 午 6 時 前 離 開

消 息 指 , 政 府 內 部 向 在 政 總 工 作 的 公 務 員 發 出 通 知 , 表 示 在 政 總 外 的 群 眾 在 數 小 時 內 可 能 聚 集 , 建 議 各 局 及 部 門 在 可 行 的 情 況 下 , 讓 員 工 在 下 午 六 時 前 離 開 。

One Twitter user thinks that the police officers in the first and third photos look like they are from the mainland's Armed Police (maybe based on their haircut?). What do you think?

My gut says that they look very 大陆, not sure why: haircut, shape of their face? But there must be plenty of Hongkongnese with 'northern' faces and I don't have a clear image of what a tyical Hongkonger looks like to compare those policemen to. Anyway wouldn't their language give them away much more easily than what they look like?

I agree with #125. Their language would give them away. Conspiracy theories might not be the most helpful.

PS - we were allowed to leave the office early today. I was quite surprised to see even Hennessy Road in Wanchai was taken. The Wanchai MTR station was very congested, but was in very good order. I am not sure if I will be able to go to work tomorrow (I wanted to take leave before the National Day so would not mind if I couldn't go to work).

Instagram has been blocked in China.

難敵 GFW!Instagram 突然被封鎖

昨日有監察團體和大陸網民都發現,Instagram 突然無法在中國大陸使用。一直以來,Instagram 都可以在大陸使用,為什麼突然被官方防火牆阻隔,原因未明。

有網民估計跟香港日前發生的事件有關,不少市民透過 Instagram 分享相片,為了避免相片對大陸造成影響,所以跟 Google、Facebook 等網站一樣被遮蔽。暫時未知 Instagram 被封鎖屬暫時性質還是長期,不過相信事件一日未平息,Instagram 都不會在大陸時用得到。

Thinking of taking an open umbrella when I go out tomorrow, no rain is forecast, wonder if anyone here in the south of England would understand.

Think I might take a Chinese parasol, maybe that will be clearer or at least prompt questions.

Any ideas for showing solidarity?

Change your facebook picture to a yellow ribbon?

I've so far been lucky enough to find jobs related to China, often with some kind of link to the government. I support the Umbrella protests but am afraid to take any action for fear of harming my prospects. It's the worst kind of cowardice really. But during the Sunflower movement, some people tried to take names of participants in a support rally in Den Haag. My paranoia is not entirely groundless.