Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Thank you Mazi! I would like to add this: in some countries, the physical examinations are quite expensive so do yours as late as possible (if your deadline date is around late April then get it done on April). This is because when you arrive in China you will have to apply for a verification certificate in order to obtain your student's resident permit.If the date on your physical examination form is 6 months old, you will be required to take all the tests again. That will cost about 500 rmb...and with a student allowance, it is quite a lot to pay for.

DongLian

You're using the correct form. In theory, you should do all the tests before applying to the scholarship. However, due to fact that it expires in 6 months, it is much more advisable to just let it be filled out by your family MD (putting OK, Negative, etc. in the chest X-ray, ECC, blood test brackets). You can do this in 15-20 minutes. I don't know how it works in most countries, but even here in Eastern Europe my family MD did it free of charge. You can do all the tests at a later date, when your scholarship is approved, and you can also fill out a new phys. exam form, as you're not obliged to present the form attached to your original application when you arrive to China.

By the way, this whole phys. exam form is the least important doc in your whole application package... No one even cares about it, CSC only checks whether you have this document signed and stamped or not, and no one will look for your lab. tests, ECC, chest x-ray, etc until you arrive to China...

ok.. when they say it's expired after 6 months.. how long after arrive should I plan for?  Like if I have to check in at my University of choice at the end of August, should I be ok if my physical expires in September?  I might get all my crap done, and make my followup and my MD can sign/date then so it's as late as possible.  I'm not even worried about expense, or even having to do it again upon arrival.. I just don't want to be denied.  Biggest fear ever.

While your MD might've done it, I don't think it's actually entirely ethical for a doctor to write "normal" w/o actually doing the tests.. So I can't expect mine to do it.  However my work schedule means that making the test appointments might be hard so it will take awhile to do everything anyway. :b

I might ask him about doing it as you say but he might raise objections?? IDK!  This whole process has me so stressed out lol.

Have you seen Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarship at following link http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070

If I understood it properly, if my tuition fee for studies of law is rmb 30000 per year and the scholarship covers rmb 25000 of tuition fee, I should add rmb 5000, right? :help

@DongLian, it all depends on you.  However, ensure it still valid by the time you enter China. Its better to get all the basis covered.

@ Xiaowei M,I cannot really give you a true and correct info on that. I would advice you contact the university.  They should be in better position to tell you what to do or give you the right information. But, I think you are covered. hahahaha

Peace!!!

Mazi

@ xie xie Mazi for making the topic :-3 I'm kind of new, but i'm applying for a master in "chinese language and culture" (中国语言文化) at Nanjing university. it's the only school with that major as a master, and in Chinese.

is anyone else writing their study plan in Chinese?

7. You need a notarized copy of your most recent transcript, and your high school diploma (for those who are still in university) or degree (if you already graduated from college). If it is not in English or Chinese, you need to get it translated into one of those two languages.

So if you already graduated from college you just need your degree not your transcripts as well correct?

EDIT: according to the site you need both your degree and your academic transcripts

@TyO, on the scholarship website it says they need highest diploma AND transcript. when it says "for those already graduated", it's saying you do not need to send the high school diploma anymore, you can instead send a degree.

so it seems they would still need our transcript. (i think! i'm 90% sure, but i am also just applying like you! i am not as genius as the others here.)

DongLian

Well, it's up to you - but as I mentioned, the FPEF has nothing to do with the selection process, no one will care about your chest x-ray, test results, etc., it will be important just before you apply for the student visa and the residence permit.

The FPEF is valid for 6 months, however it is not clear which date does the medical center consider as the standard one. One friend in Nanjing had to retake the chest x-ray because his results were issued 6 months 2 days before the check-up. My classmate in Qinhuangdao had to redo the whole FPEF in China, because her blood sample was expired by half month. If you're unlucky, and the medical center needs money, they will find some 借口 to let you retake the whole medical check-up process. However, it is only an issue when you're already in China... 

@ZhangKaiRong - In my country, the physical examination form is actually 'preliminary'. Without it, they will not even consider giving you the scholarship. So even if it is considered unimportant for CSC (as it is only really necessary when it's time to apply for the student permit), in some countries, esp. for the bilateral scholarship, it is the first thing they ask for. That way, if there is something medically wrong with you, they use that to eliminate you from the application process. There has been some isolated cases in the past, when they let students do the physical examination AFTER they had been accepted for the scholarship, these few cases didn't pass the examination and the dispatching authority had to seek other candidates. So to eliminate this hassle, they now require students to do the PE first.

Xiaowei M - No, don't worry about the tuition fees. If you are accepted into the programme, CSC will cover the fees. Their website displays a general cost, but it's not fixed.

英泰inte - My programme is in Chinese but my study plan was written in English. You're not breaking the rules if you write your study plan in English. Use the language you are most comfortable in. A great study plan written in English is better than a crappy study plan written in Chinese. Alternatively, you can write it in English, and then try to translate it in Chinese...and then submit both.

To Others - If you are not sure what to send, or if your current documents will be accepted, you should contact the university that will be accepting you. It is not CSC/CGS who will look at your certificates. Stay in close contact with the universities of your choice. While you are at home looking through your documents, other candidates (your competition) are in China, visiting the universities you are both fighting for and they are talking and making friends with the supervisors. In China, relationships are very important, so you need to be known to your school and your teachers. Contact them, greet them for the upcoming Chinese new year festivities, or whatever. Try hard to understand the 'system'. Those of us who have been awarded the scholarship are here trying our best to tell you what it's about, but some of you are not listening. Use your phone, and CALL THE CHINESE UNIVERSITIES. By the time you submit your CSC application, you have to make sure that the pre-admissions notice is attached.

• Like 2

@shuoshuo

It's interesting, since in most EU countries no one gives a damn about that paper (both bilateral and EU Window), as your application goes directly to the embassies - and those working there simply don't care. Yes, you should have it - stamped and signed, but in my experience, no one looks it thouroughly, this is why I suggested doing it on the budget way, without the expensive tests. Yep, there might be some differences in specific countries, but if you apply for EU Window or other scholarship schemes with a lot of spots, then you don't have to stress out the FPEF. Having it filled, stamped and signed is okay.