Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Voyager2014, I don't think you upload anything to that website. the form is just to complete and print out so you can send it along with HSK scores and transcripts to the embassy/your school as mail.

@voyager   英泰inte is correct.  You will hit a button that says "Confirm Submit" but all it does is create the form that  you want to print out, check the checkboxes, and sign/date.  Nothing is submitted until you mail it all in.  The CSC form has a handy list of contents that should all be included.

Thank you so much guys

I have one more question. I just graduated. And I asked my school how soon I can have my diploma, I now know that It will be late when I have it on my hand. 

So is there anything equivalent to diploma that I can send instead? Normally, transcripts should be fine but they want to see both, diploma and transcripts.

What should I do, guys? 

@Clef Ment, about your documents, you can get translated by a sworn translator and get the translated one legalised or notarised by the Chinese embassy in your country or by a notary.

Mine is in English, so I had them notarised by a Notary who also doubles as a Justice. And I have had no issues whatsoever. You can also do that.

I'm planning to do 1 year of language followed by 2 years of master degree study in Chinese. My friend is planning to attend Jilin University. I think he'll likely study Chinese Language and Literature.

@Clef Ment, I asked my U about it. They told me the same. There is a certificate which can be sent via fax. I will have it Monday and apply ASAP. 

Have you guys applied yet? I feel like the sooner I apply the better so rushing to get all the required documents.

As far as applying in China is concerned, as most places will be on holiday now I almost feel like there probably isn't much difference between applying now and applying in a months time.  Correct me if I'm wrong though.  And you're obviously best off checking the deadline with where you are applying and what their deadline is.

I'm going to send my application first week of March.

I  dont know how it works in other universities, but in my university, the foreign affairs office/admissions office are open for normal duties. I was there yesterday. I asked to know the best time to apply for my friends and the lady said now.  So guys, if you can send in your documents, do it now. For all its worth, it will save you the rush.

• Like 1

The problem with applying too soon is that your medical form is signed for now and you want it to still be valid when you're going there.  So if your University's check in is in September you probably want to get the medical form signed for March.  The deadline is late April so if you send it before April 1st, it's definitely ok.

The lady at the US embassy cautioned against doing the medical eval too soon.. She said March would be good.. doing my last tests like.. March 5th and all will be in about March 8th and it will be signed.   My uni check in date is end of Aug though.

I think everyone needs to submit the foreign physical examination form. 

About getting transcripts notarized, If they are already in English and in a sealed envelope (meaning official), do you still have to get them notarized? 

Yeah ALL applicants need medical form.  Fairly sure they need it for the visa.  Similarly ALL applicants submit the same materials because we are all filling out the same Application form on the CSC site which has the checklist at the end when you print it out.  Nowhere is a "EU applicant's don't need". Only 2 things on there are optional or "degree specific".

@Voyager.. Yes I was told by US Embassy that if it's the official sealed copy, then that's ok.

@Mazi, it wouldn't be addressed to them because for us to have it, it would have been mailed to our homes, but it is sealed and you're correct per Bu Huanfang at DC Embassy.  Although I wonder if my school will give me an official one with the embassy's name on it?? IDK I only know of my school mailing them directly but that's a problem for "application compilation" purposes as it would arrive separately from my other application materials.

Hey. I am from Romania and I am also stressed about the scholarship thing. I would like to apply for a 2 years program of Chinese language. Still, I don't if i can apply for 2 years scholarship or only for 1. I saw people who have 2 years scholarship but on my university's website i saw that they either have 1 year Chinese language program, half of a year or unlimited. I sent some e-mails to the universities but don't they have holiday now? And another thing. If I apply for a CSC scholarship on my own and I send the documents to the 1st university, but that one wont accept me ,but the 2nd university i chose would accept me, would my document get still to the CSC in Beijing?

I want to apply to Zhejiang University, and ZUST  in Hangzhou. I don't know what my 3rd option would be  The dateline for Zhejiang university from April to the 31 of May. Are there different dates for when CSC admittance and Universities admittance? 

Thanks

@ Andreea You can`t apply directly to the university for Chinese language program (it is category general scholars).  Chinese University Program supports master`s and doctoral candidates. 

Because Romania is member of EU, you can apply for Chinese Government Scholarship -EU Program. Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program supports general scholars. Also there is CGS-Bilateral Program, applying is through a dispatching authority i.e. Chinese embassy in applicant`s home country.  

• Like 1